What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wifi only now with iPhone weather icon ??

Jbrawkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure how I got this on my iPad. Would like it off and it's not a simple as just removing the icon. Keep in mind I am new to cydia and not sure what I might have downloaded to get it but I don't want it

I have already looked in my "installed " section and don't see anything that I would think would be it

Any advice?? Here is what my installed page looks like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 956
OP
J

Jbrawkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No worries about a reply. Search found what I needed. Apparent glitch in jail break and is known issue.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going back into Cydia and seeing if there is an update for your evasi0n tool. An update to fix the Weather app/icon issue was made this afternoon. it's a simple matter of updating in Cydia and you should be good to go.

Marilyn

OP
J

Jbrawkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try going back into Cydia and seeing if there is an update for your evasi0n tool. An update to fix the Weather app/icon issue was made this afternoon. it's a simple matter of updating in Cydia and you should be good to go.

Marilyn

Many thanks for the replies. How would I go about checking for the tool update? I am brand new to this and am not even sure where to look???

OP
J

Jbrawkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O found it! Was the wether app always on the iPad? Seems like when I look at my wife's mini it's not on hers???

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The weather component (which has always formed part of the jailbreak) was made visible due to a bug in evasi0n on some but not all combinations of devices and firmware. This has been corrected with a fix. If you go to Cydia > Changes, and refresh you should be prompted to install the update. Once this is done you have rebooted, the icon will be hidden as it should have been all along (as well as fixing the underlying issues which were a little more complex).

Most reactions