What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wifi feature

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I hv a iPad ? My house don't hv wifi access.

Since some text MSG app heed wifi. Also when download >20mb file need wifi.

It there any work around to make my iPad 3G convert to wifi. .? Thru iPhone or jail break ?

So I can do more thing at my hse.

Paul

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you (apparently) have Internet at your house, you could get a wireless router. Some are very inexpensive. My wireless router cost $20.00 US. The only reason I have one is for my iPods and iPad.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for yr replr, That mean I still need to paid for monthly subscription right ?

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rounter connect to my house tel line. Then I need to paid telecom coy month charger. I am from Singapore. Pls confirm. If free tomorrow I will buy and install.

Paul

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't have Internet access at all to your house. If that is the case a router won't help you. Your choices are use your 3G if you have a 3G iPad, buy internet subscription, or if you have a cell phone that can do hotspot you can connect there.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't have Internet access at all to your house.
But he is obviously posting to the forum somehow from somewhere. So I guess we should ask, do you have an Internet connection at your home?

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I don't hv Internet access. ( now I access this forum using my iPad thru 3G ) But at Mt house i hv note book can link to my iPhone thru tethering for internet access.

Now my question is if I to link my iPad to my notebook using wifi hot spot. Does it mean that I have wifi access ?

Paul

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you could do it that way. So you're basically trying NOT to use 3G from home?

Depending on your phone you could connect to iPad or to laptop then hotspot your laptop for the iPad.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can share with me how can I link my iPad to my iPhone thru tethering. I mean how to link iPad with my iPhone to get wifi access. So that I don,t need to link my iPhone with my note book and then link to my iPad.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sir, you are great you know a lot. Pls let me know where I can download ? I have try Cydia and appTrackr unable to find miwi

Most reactions

Latest posts