What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad wifi 3G LCD replacement

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I all I'm a noob, however I have a massive issue with my iPad 3G. I need to replace the LCD and all I can find on tutorials is for iPad 2. I think the process is the dames but I'm just not sure can anyone help!

cdaamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3g???
There has only been the iPad and iPad 2.

OP
robster2644

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know but you get different types of iPad, ie iPad wifi, iPad wifi 3G. And I think opening up a wifi iPad is slightly different to opening one up with 3G

Last edited:
OP
robster2644

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Come forum someone most of replaced a LCD screen on the iPad one. Please I need help!

OP
robster2644

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have, my question is, in between the glass and the metal case, there's a rubber band that goes around the whole iPad.

What side of the rubber band do I put my thingy to pries open the iPad, next glass or next to case.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We can not assist in this matter We suggest locating an Authorised service centre to replace the screen or as one of our staff suggested search google. To be frank they are not designed to be replaced by a end user.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it myself, and I would say it would void your warranty but have a look here

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
robster2644

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen all the vids, however they don't mention the little rubber bit between the glass and the case, I'm just not sure what bit I should be lifting up.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
robster2644 said:
I've seen all the vids, however they don't mention the little rubber bit between the glass and the case, I'm just not sure what bit I should be lifting up.

I had a look at the vids also and noticed they don't mention it at all. I've been peering at my iPad too and I think the rubber if that's what it is should stay with the glass so I'm thinking behind it. I'm sure I saw a thread where a member mentioned he had done it.

Are you sure you don't want to at least give Apple a try first, some have been lucky and gotten a free replacement! Good luck all the same!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
robster2644

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks leekai, I think I'm going to ring apple to see if a refurb is available.

OP
robster2644

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sent them a repair request, and there sending out box. Its certain yet that they will repair, but at least there having a look. You never know, they might just surprise me.

Most reactions

Latest posts