What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad, Wifi, 3G and cell!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably a very dumb question. But ~

When I am at home, my iPad uses wifi. I assume it taps into my Comcast Wifi, right? But unless I find a hotspot out in the field it will kick over to 3G.

What I want to know is why my cell phone which has 4G, when at home does not connect to my Wifi, automatically, like my iPad? It just stays on 4G. I try to search for available Wifi, and I pop up, but it won't let me in.

Next question....

Which is faster Wifi or 4G? At home the Wifi is when I am on my iPad, but out in the field, Wifi is hella slow.

My cell is 4G and fast everywhere!

Please tell me this all makes sense!

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
SweetPoison said:
So you are saying it depends on my network speed is the reason my cell doesn't tap into my Wifi?

No!! Lol.
You should have a settings menu in your phone for wifi. It might be turned off? Find that menu and turn wifi on. It should find your connection. When it does type in your password and it should connect.

If it doesn't locate your connection, you might have to reset your network connections if possible (I'm not familiar with Android).

If that doesn't work, it could be hardware related? Lol!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Find that menu and turn wifi on. It should find your connection. When it does type in your password and it should connect.

!

That's it! I don't know my password. Where in the hell would I get that? It does ask for it! I must have had it a year and half ago for my iPad, right?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing about turning wifi on in your iphone menu is it may cause some battery drain as it will continuously search for a wifi connection. I leave mine off all the time unless I need it then I go in and turn it on. Also if you can't find your password you will have to find your owners manual for your router and look up how to reset it so you can create a new network password.

Most reactions

Latest posts