What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Web browsers

hiranuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I just bought the new ipad last week. I am looking for a web browser that will allow me to zoom into the web page more than what safari will allow. I hve tried, chrome, firefox and a few other browsers but they all allow only a certain amount of zoom. I want to zoom in a lot more than what these browsers allow.

Can anyone recommend a browser that will allow maximum zoom.

Thanks

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I seem to recall reading that ALL iOS browsers are essentially Safari inside, with bric-a-brac added on top. I've tried many, and always return to Safari because it's faster and more reliable.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to recall reading that ALL iOS browsers are essentially Safari inside, with bric-a-brac added on top. I've tried many, and always return to Safari because it's faster and more reliable.
Also, Safari has a level of integration with iOS that no third party browser will ever have.

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've also tried many other browsers including those like Chrome and Opera that can sync with their desktop/laptop versions and always end up back with Safari.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally believe that or thought to believe that Safari was and is the only way to surf the web or internet on the iPad.

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes I suppose you're right. I use Firefox on my Ubuntu desktop but didn't like it that well on the iPad even with it's sync'ing feature and the same was true with Chrome/Chromium. With the other browsers there was always something I didn't like and I invariably ended up back with Safari. In the end, Safari is a fine browser which just works good.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wonder why it's called safari. ?

Some discussion HERE - check the blog post link by Ariya Hidayat - web browser names seem to encompass the concept of 'exploring' the world (or surfing) - a Safari is a 'search' or 'exploration' of Africa for animals; similarly, other browsers, such as Explorer or Navigator suggest a similar relationship; of course, there are others w/o that implication (e.g. Chrome) - Dave :)

Tyler_Barlow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any
Some discussion HERE - check the blog post link by Ariya Hidayat - web browser names seem to encompass the concept of 'exploring' the world (or surfing) - a Safari is a 'search' or 'exploration' of Africa for animals; similarly, other browsers, such as Explorer or Navigator suggest a similar relationship; of course, there are others w/o that implication (e.g. Chrome) - Dave :)

I guess it was derived from Indonesian language or Singapore maybe.

Most reactions

Latest posts