What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD w/Remote app questions/help

endofcommon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
Have two questions regarding using the Apple Remote App on the IPAD.

1) When I first set it up and was remote controlling Itunes on my music server the Now playing Album Cover view screen the transport/remote controls were larger buttons at the bottom. Now the controls have gotten to the top and are smaller. I have old eyes and prefer the larger buttons at the bottom. Any advice on how to get this back ?

2) Also when using remote to control Itunes from my server, when I switch from one album to the next album, the now playing album cover view screen will still show the previous cover. The only way I have found to alleviate this is to go to the remote settings screen and re-select the appropriate library, come back to Now Playing Album cover screen and it will be correct.

Thank you in advance for any help and much love, joy, and music this holiday season.
Common in NY

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried several things and couldn't find any way to make the controls bigger. I do like the way it displays so much more now. If you tap once on the Now playing screen. the controls will appear at the top, the same size, but white on black, might be easier to read that way.

I tried to manually switch between several albums while it was playing and the album art followed the album on the now playing screen. If that's your problem, close all apps and do a reset of the iPad, hold the SLEEP (top) and HOME (lower front) buttons down together for about 10 seconds, until you see the Apple icon, release buttons and wait for it to reboot. This can take a few minutes, just wait it out.:)

Try again, if it still does it, let me know and tell me exactly what you do to get that symptom. I'll try to see if I can duplicate it.:D

Most reactions