What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad vs HP Slate

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a giant touch. It's nothing new, the HP doesn't look so hot either. I think the Ipad and slate are both going to be busts. It's just too much of a niche market. You can get laptops of the same size or close for that price. What apple should of done is taken a mackbook air and made the screen rotate around. Effectively making it a tablet/laptop. Now for those that are saying this would cost more, then those could get an ipod touch and deal with it because thats all the ipad is.
'

MacDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
*Ninjad*

And what makes you think that the Music function of the iPad will not run in the background? The Music/iPod app of the iPod will run at the same time as just about any app.

Glad to hear it !

You would think that Apple would stress this more. Anyway I can't wait to get one and see just what it will do and what it wont.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still think the iPad will out perform it and will just work like it's supposed to. That's why I only work on Mac's now. They are work horses, do what you want and last for a long time with minimum to no virus issues or slowdowns :ipad-back:

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would think that Apple would stress this more.

There is a great deal about Apple's products that I wish Apple would stress more. Especially when adverting the MacOSX of the Macs against 'generic' PC running Windows. There are many extra intermediate level features that Apple never brings up in its advertising. How drag & drop works in the Open/Save windows, or the ability to add Folders/Apps/Documents to the Dock, Finder-Side Bar, and to the top menu bar of the finder Window. And yet its mostly pointless bashing. :mad:

Edward Dawson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HP Slate comes with USB Port. On the other hand, iPad has no expandable storage or USB port.HP Slate is one step forward than iPad. HP Slate has broaden the scope of reading eBook via Amazon Kindle app or in any format, supported by Windows 7. Whereas with iPad, user can only read iBooks via Kindle app for iPhone.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hardly. The HP was intended as a tablet device with full laptop level abilities. The main comparison is on the interface more then anyting (the multi-touch) and it fails. At that point it becomes an overpriced Laptop without a keyboard.

What do you want an HP slate or sightly more powerful (and likely better coolded) laptop? At this point I'd still take that Windows laptop over a multi-touch one, at least until Microsoft puts some serious work into a multi-touch system.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slates, tablets and laptops are computers with a different user interface. The iPad has the possibility of being a computer but is limited by its OS. That was my point.

Most reactions