What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad video playback lags and then shuts off

electrobento

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello...I am looking to buy a 16GB Wifi iPad from a buyer and they are reluctant to sell me the device due to an issue she is having. Here is what she said:

"When I go to play my videos it plays for a little bit but lags really bad and then just shuts off."

She means the whole iPad shuts off, and the video she is referring to is those she uploads to the device, not necessarily streaming/Youtube.

I can't seem to find any information about this problem online. Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

Moonchaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.moonchasersoftware.com
I have not seen that with downloaded videos, generally. I have seen videos that were encoded badly crash the video app, but not the entire device.

It may be worth a call to Apple or a trip to the Apple Store to have them take a look at it. If the iPad is crashing completely, then there may be a physical problem with it (battery, bad memory chip, etc...).

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the problem is legit and not user error apple will replace the iPad on the spot.

Lacy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 64g 3G & this was not an issue until I "upgraded" to OS 5.0.1. now not only can I not view any YouTube videos but also news videos without being completely shut down. And my photo albums are now consolidated. Is there any correction on the horizon? If I could retro back to the old OS I would!

buzzkill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My video app just crashes. No lagging. I am currently using iOS 5.0.1. YouTube functions fine. Cleared a number of pointless apps. Reset. Still no videos... total bummer, too.

Most reactions

Latest posts