1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad VGA and USB Camera Connection Kit

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by clayton93, Jun 19, 2011.

1. clayton93

clayton93 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use a USB to VGA cable using the camera connection kit to connect the iPad to a display? I know there is a VGA adapter but if I only had to buy one of them that would be great.

Thanks
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    No - this is not possible. The camera connection kit can only be used for importing pictures and video. It cannot be used for exporting any files or other information on a non-jailbroken iPad. Although the CCK is supplied with a USB plug, it has limited functionality and can be used only to connect to your camera.

Tim
  3. clayton93

clayton93 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok thanks Tim. I would've thought not but I just wanted to be sure. Shame, I'll have to buy more than one of them.