What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad v mac

iPad v Mac

• iPad

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ipad + Mac

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an MBA and an iPad 2. I use them in different ways and love them both. MBA is for school work, files, pics, programs, and lengthy emails and the iPad 2 is for media/web consumption at home and on the go.

OP
R

ratfink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks I have just bought a nearly new MacBook pro and have just installed OSX Lion so the fun begins. Thanks for all your comments and the poll.

Logic gets you from A to B but instinct gets you everywhere!

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hmm i would have adviced not to buy a mac :p ...coz i pad greatly reduces the use of a laptop and in such a situation spending big money on a mac is not a good decision economically ...an average windows pc will do for what u cant do with your i pad...
but if u love luxury certainly go for it...
and now that u have bought it enjoy it... :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is all I have besides iPhone 4.

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

nipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still need a mac as the iPad does not have windows and can't be used to sync phones , so until that option comes ( which will never happen ) the iPad will always just be a giant iPod touch

iDrifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use both. The iPad is more mobile though. The iMac would be hard though not impossible to take everywhere with me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nipper said:
Still need a mac as the iPad does not have windows and can't be used to sync phones , so until that option comes ( which will never happen ) the iPad will always just be a giant iPod touch

Or you would have to buy a whole new iPad if they did I bet lol.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife uses her MBP for "CAD" programs and I use my IPAD and MBA for different reasons. At home and office we can not do without our IMAC. MBA with the Sandy Bridge and I7 is an awesome device for photo and movie editing not to mention high profile games.
on the go IP4 and 4S are always with us.

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think so. If money isn't an issue then go for it. But I believe if money is a little tight & you're able to buy an iPad I'd be thankful.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to purchase the mbp. Until apple allows the iPad to do more. There is a need for both if you are doing business.

Sent from Mr_President's iPad using iPF. 32GB 3g

Ipad2_Gamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mr_president said:
I am going to purchase the mbp. Until apple allows the iPad to do more. There is a need for both if you are doing business.

It's a device from apple I'm not completely update with them but I think some stuff is not a big priority for them idono or think that's what was said by jobs I'd like to see flash and a lot more from the next generation I'd totally buy and apple would be booming

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad2_Gamer said:
It's a device from apple I'm not completely update with them but I think some stuff is not a big priority for them idono or think that's what was said by jobs I'd like to see flash and a lot more from the next generation I'd totally buy and apple would be booming

They are doing away with flash. Flash was the beginning but not the future. I think we will/are getting away from cd,drives to burn/save things as well. Cloud appears to be the future. Question is, how safe, secure is it.

Big T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mr_president said:
They are doing away with flash. Flash was the beginning but not the future. I think we will/are getting away from cd,drives to burn/save things as well. Cloud appears to be the future. Question is, how safe, secure is it.

The cloud will never be safe as long as users keep private docs records or bank details & update on a server.
there will always be individuals that will steal to make a quick buck wether it's inside the company or a hacker.

This is a target even from other nations trying to get records or money transactions details to abuse or sell on.

The era of the paper shredder will change to hacking online cloud servers to steal any user private details to sell on to make fake ID's or fake identities.

This is a fact

Sony was hacked many times for the same reason to get your details for profit.

And doing away with the CD DVD ROM'S is bad as well would you like to keep paying for your own work to be kept on a cloud server.

It's a part con for the user to be charged for more money at least a CD or a DVD Backup is a one time payment, The cloud based one will be a constant payment to keep your private details.

cloud servers can be handy safe it never will be......

that's my thought's which is a past fact from the media an papers

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big T said:
The cloud will never be safe as long as users keep private docs records or bank details & update on a server.
there will always be individuals that will steal to make a quick buck wether it's inside the company or a hacker.

This is a target even from other nations trying to get records or money transactions details to abuse or sell on.

The era of the paper shredder will change to hacking online cloud servers to steal any user private details to sell on to make fake ID's or fake identities.

This is a fact

And doing away with the CD DVD ROM'S is bad as well would you like to keep paying for your own work to be kept on a cloud server.

It's a part con for the user to be charged for more money at least a CD or a DVD Backup is a one time payment, The cloud based one will be a constant payment to keep your private details.

Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing it.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Big T said:

This is a fact

Being cutting edge does have drawbacks: I'm the kind of Apple consumer who would normally wait until the release of iPad 3 or 4 to avoid the annoying headaches of dealing with the bugs in different apps and updates. iCloud, for example, was easy to install but I'm experiencing serious problems that are affecting four of my most important iPad apps.

One of the most frequently cited solutions I've found so far for solving one of my iCloud problems involves backing up my documents on a different device because the fix will wipe out all the documents on my iPad.

Although I use my iPad 2 10 times more often than my laptop, because of the issue of unanticipated bugs in the system and other issues, I can't do without my laptop.

Most reactions