What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad v mac

iPad v Mac

• iPad

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ipad + Mac

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters

ratfink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it still worth buying an Apple laptop if you have an ipad2? I am thinking about this but do not want to waste my hard earned money if I do not have to!

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has both. But uses them for different reasons. She is a teacher and uses the iPad at school because it is easier to lug around than her MacBook Pro. There is utility to having both but it depends on your needs.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both, I use both but I spend most of my time on my iPad.......I wouldn't give up either......not yet anyway.

The Archangel

OP
R

ratfink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well have an Acer laptop running windows 7 but trying to find an excuse to spend £1000 on a Mac.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad isn't a laptop replacement. Think of it as a big iPod. The apps are limited. (You can't run Apple programs like Photoshop or Word).. There is no mouse.. There is no support for Flash.. It has limited connectivity. You need an adapter to connect a USB plug and many USB devices simply won't work when connected to an iPod. There is no printer port.. Laptop internal storage is typically greater than 128 Gigs.. (Around 500 Gig on the middle Macbook Pro).. Etc. etc..

But despite all that.. It is a GREAT device :)

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why so many ports thats the beauty of the ipad!!! and yes since my ipad I use less and less my MBP!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I voted for both, hard not to as I bought my MBA after I bought my iPad. I really wouldn't want to be without either as they both have their individual uses.

The Archangel

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not going to buy another laptop after this one dies because I want more internal storage, but I am getting an iMac, so I voted iPad + Mac.

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I voted for both, hard not to as I bought my MBA after I bought my iPad. I really wouldn't want to be without either as they both have their individual uses.

The Archangel
I voted for both as well. I bought my iPad after my MBA. I use the MBA for video/photo editing mainly and some spreadsheet work. For everything else I use the iPad specially while traveling.

I don't believe I could do without the MBA.

Sent from my Mystical Moto using Tapatalk.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although I don't use my MacBook Pro as much as I used to, I cannot do without it.

There are great software programs for which there is no iPad app version and that are unquestionably better than the best app version currently available.

Of course, there are great apps for which there is no software program alternative or ones that work just as well for less money than a software program.

Because I have a Mac and an iPad, I have the best of both worlds.

I also voted for both.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use both but the iPad gets used more.

Safari full screen with a trackpad is deeply satisfying though.

OP
R

ratfink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been much encouraged by the replies and the poll.

Vernon98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  • I have both, I use both but I spend most of my time on my iPad.......I wouldn't give up either......not yet anyway.​

Most reactions