What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad v ipad2

stevecattz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it really worth while changing to 2 when they are already talking of an ipad3???
Would appreciate any advice on this

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the classic dilemma. You can bet there will be a new iPad every 12-18 months for the life of the product.

Buy now and use, or wait....

There will always be another new design coming.... How do I choose? In part based on capability, in part on the wow factor.

My iPad was 16g wifi. My iPad 2 is 64g 3G

I needed the memory and 3G so it was an easy choice this time. iPad 3? Hard to say.

-t

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had an iPad I wouldn't update unless my requirements had changed. As I didn't want to be a real early adopter I waited until the iPad2 came out and purchased then (I'm old enough to remember the Newton and it's short lived life span). Now I have a 2 I'll probably be buying a 4 then 6, etc using the old rule of skipping each next generation.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2. My sister in law has the original, I opted to wait 4 long months for the 2. I am so glad I did, it is so much faster, not just at loading the page but more responsive when turning the iPad. It's sleek and then you have the cameras. Not great but better than nothing. I'll probably do as k1w1 suggests and skip the 3 and get a 4 and so on. I have 3 teenagers, they'll definitely be happy with that.

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I love my iPad 1, and I wondered if I would upgrade to #2, so I went played at the apple store for about a week, and my conclusion is no I won't upgrade. Yes it's faster, more responsive etc, but, that's where it ends. I personally think they need to work on the operating system more, yes I am waiting to really see what iOS 5 is going to offer. Example will the Bluetooth on my iPad be able to pair up with my ip4!!, chances it won't , so I am already research the samsung galaxy S2 phone and tablet....

Rikdyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both iPads....(both are gifts :p)
I can say the iPad 2 Is much better, but if you have the iPad 1, don't get number 2.
The only difference is that it is slimmer, a BIT faster and it's newer.

Most reactions

Latest posts