What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad useless

superlarrson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everyone im new to forum have a bit of a problem I have a ipad 4 jailbroke with evasion was running fine since January I tried to install teamviewer other day had problems installing it I reset my ipad now there is nothing whatsoever on it just my desktop image no settings icons anything iv done a search and it comes back url cannot be found is my ipad bricked

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you know that jail-breaking Apple products or any other devices will most likely lead to voiding your warranty with the manufacturer or third party supplier. But since this is in hindsight, trouble shooting is near your only option to resolve this problem. Can you bring up or access any settings or preference windows on the device? If you are able to then look under the "Systems Settings" for a "restore to default" option or "format system" option. If this not possible anymore then try access your files remotely, from your computer. Connect the to devices up and locate your iPad's folders and then its Settings you may be able to view your systems information, such as, the IP address that is connected to the device, its software version (iOS) and root model number. This may help you if Apple support will help assist in resolving this issue. Otherwise browse through your devices information and see if you are able to locate the same setting you were trying to access on your iPad4, through the computer. Meanwhile, you can always rent an iPad4 as a replacement until you device is fixed. I will post a link below just in case you need to have one in the near future. I don't know why you decided to jail-break your iPad but, most people decide to jail-break the iPhone or iPad for the reason that the devices will not do what they want them to do (operating or customizing purposes). Consider looking into the Android Market. I know its not Apple but, Android's operating system is becoming the lead in technology and operating systems. You are able to change and customize much more than on an iPad and you are able to set many different options on how to access apps and so on. I have left a link for some great Android devices that you can try out for yourself before you make another purchase. Good Luck!

EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi everyone im new to forum have a bit of a problem I have a ipad 4 jailbroke with evasion was running fine since January I tried to install teamviewer other day had problems installing it I reset my ipad now there is nothing whatsoever on it just my desktop image no settings icons anything iv done a search and it comes back url cannot be found is my ipad bricked

If I may ask, what do you mean by you "reset your iPad"? Could you describe the exact steps you did to make your iPad now have the appearance it has now? We'll need those details in order to, hopefully, help you figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. Thanks.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts