What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad USB connecter

Aceladi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that there is a USB connector made for the iPad which then connects the iPad to a laptop for transferring files back and forth. If this is true where could i order it? Thanks! Aceladi (new to the forum) :)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Aceladi said:
I read that there is a USB connector made for the iPad which then connects the iPad to a laptop for transferring files back and forth. If this is true where could i order it? Thanks! Aceladi (new to the forum) :)

all apple power cables I have have the standard apple connector one end and USB the other, which you can either plug into a power source, or into a computer

the cable is like that as standard because they then only supply one cable with which you can charge and sync

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plwebb said:
I got the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (MC531ZM/A). I don't have enough posts yet to put a link so Google it.

That's not what the OP asked for though, they want to transfer to a laptop via USB... The standard cable does this!

Reaction score
Exactly, the iPad is sold with a USB cable, which does connect to any USB slot, be it a wall charger, or a laptop.

There is no need to buy an extra USB cable, unless the length of the USB cable is a concern. If the iPad USB cable is too short, any male-to-female USB extension cable can be used to increase the length.

Most reactions

Latest posts