1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad USB connecter

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Aceladi, May 9, 2011.

1. Aceladi

Aceladi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read that there is a USB connector made for the iPad which then connects the iPad to a laptop for transferring files back and forth. If this is true where could i order it? Thanks! Aceladi (new to the forum) :)
  2. wytey

wytey iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    all apple power cables I have have the standard apple connector one end and USB the other, which you can either plug into a power source, or into a computer

the cable is like that as standard because they then only supply one cable with which you can charge and sync
  3. incapete

incapete iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's not what the OP asked for though, they want to transfer to a laptop via USB... The standard cable does this!
  4. Plwebb

Plwebb iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oops, sorry.
  5. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Exactly, the iPad is sold with a USB cable, which does connect to any USB slot, be it a wall charger, or a laptop.

There is no need to buy an extra USB cable, unless the length of the USB cable is a concern. If the iPad USB cable is too short, any male-to-female USB extension cable can be used to increase the length.