What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Usage

Ipadman123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i go on to Settings>general>usage>celluar network data it says that i received -2547657276 and it changes everytime i check there. I dont use 3g. Never used ut on my ipad. Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for my bad english

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens if you press the button to reset the statistics? Does it return to zero?

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say you don't use 3G but presumably your iPad has 3G. Do you have a SIM card installed - or has it never been activated?

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it's a bug that no one has noticed because I guess there aren't too many people with a 3G iPad that don't use the 3G - or have never used or initialised it.

Tim

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Looks like a mad pointer issue. Or sort of... The ipad is probably reading a memory slot for data usage that should be populated by the sim card. Since there is no sim card, the memory slot is a random one and actually used by something else, thus you are seeing a value from something else.

So when the iPad is asking the system for the memory slot adress to read the data usage value, the system cannot find the sim card, and must be returning an error status. But the code is probably not checking that status and is using the status code as a memory allocation address...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts