What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad upgrade

jn1263

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgraded my ipad 2 to 3. Gave my ipad 2 to my husband, will be creating a new Apple ID for my husband, but how do I make sure that my pictures and music will not be deleted from ipad 2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple ToS as well as copyright/DMCA provisions does not allow for music to be shared between anyone other than the original buyer. Your pictures will not be touched assuming you do not sync a new photos directory onto your device to replace your current photos on your device. Create a new AppleID for your husband, authorize the PC for use with the AppleID and computer, and when approached with the message regarding your device being wiped before any media changes can be applied, select you want to restore the device. Your songs and videos will be wiped, your photos should remain.

Your husband will have to repurchase the music or re-rip the media from hard copies.

Most reactions

Latest posts