IPad updates

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Peterbruno81ca, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Peterbruno81ca

Peterbruno81ca
    Expand Collapse

How many updates do you get from apple on your IPad before they stop giving you anymore ? For example, I know I went from 6.0 to 7.0 on my IPad 4.

#1 Peterbruno81ca, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
  2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    iOS updates for your iPad will be available for your iPad until Apple decides to stop offering iOS updates because the hardware cannot support further updates. So far, the only iPad that cannot be updated to the latest iOS version is the iPad 1, which has iOS 5.1.1 as it's latest available iOS update.

#2 scifan57, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Hold in mind that not all features of a new update are available on older devices, even when the update is available. Again, usually a matter of how well the hardware will support them.

Anyway, going by the past, you can 'probably' expect to get updates for your device for at least two to three years, provided you buy current technology. But no manufacturer guarantees you anything more than the hardware and software you actually bought.

4. Leronony

Leronony
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just think that it will only depend from the apple company if when they will be stopping making those updates until we stop receiving the updates from their company. Well, there is some good advantage we can get from using or having the updates because it includes additional programs and features in our gadgets though.