What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad updates

P

Peterbruno81ca

How many updates do you get from apple on your IPad before they stop giving you anymore ? For example, I know I went from 6.0 to 7.0 on my IPad 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many updates do you get from apple on your IPad before they stop giving you anymore ? For example, I know I went from 6.0 to 7.0 on my IPad 4.
iOS updates for your iPad will be available for your iPad until Apple decides to stop offering iOS updates because the hardware cannot support further updates. So far, the only iPad that cannot be updated to the latest iOS version is the iPad 1, which has iOS 5.1.1 as it's latest available iOS update.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that not all features of a new update are available on older devices, even when the update is available. Again, usually a matter of how well the hardware will support them.

Anyway, going by the past, you can 'probably' expect to get updates for your device for at least two to three years, provided you buy current technology. But no manufacturer guarantees you anything more than the hardware and software you actually bought.

Leronony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just think that it will only depend from the apple company if when they will be stopping making those updates until we stop receiving the updates from their company. Well, there is some good advantage we can get from using or having the updates because it includes additional programs and features in our gadgets though.

Most reactions

Latest posts