What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Updates vs iTunes Updates

Scmill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to clarify....

I know that I need to wait for the next jailbreak to come out before I upgrade my iPad again,

but....

do I need to wait for different jailbreaks to come out before upgrading iTunes?

I would be upgrading to iTunes version 10, but really want to know if it's a general rule that I'm good to go to update iTunes whenever the updates come out, but to wait on the iPad updates until the new jailbreaks come out?

Thanks!:)

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhere yesterday or the day before, that iTunes 10 is safe for those who are jailbroken. so i would assume that you would be ok to update iTunes.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it any good in terms of what? the interface is different and of course the new icon :p but its very sleek in my opinion.

MobileSpoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobilespoon.net
Bottom line - can I upgrade without locking my iPad again?

The original question was about how safe is it to upgrade...
Anyone tried it already? I'm also afraid upgrading iTunes will somehow lock my iPhone or iPad...

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The dev team confirmed after the release of iTunes 10 that it was safe for jailbreakers to update to iTunes 10

Most reactions