What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad update problem

kjbitts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was updating apps on my iPad and they are stuck. They have been trying to update for several days. I'm not able to access the apps. What can I do to resolve this problem?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--are you trying to update your apps thru 3G? If so, that may be the problem--you might want to try using wifi.

Will you let us know what you have already done so far?

OP
K

kjbitts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have shut down and restarted. I am on wifi, but sill not luck.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to uninstall and than re-install the app to see if you can update it that way?

Have you tried to connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer to see if that will help?

Also, what OS are you running on your iPad?

OP
K

kjbitts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Have you tried to uninstall and than re-install the app to see if you can update it that way?

Have you tried to connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer to see if that will help?

Also, what OS are you running on your iPad?

My daughter borrowed my laptop, so I haven't been able to connect my iPad to it. I should have it back this weekend, so I will give that a try. I have iOS5.1.1.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well good luck to you. Can you delete the apps from your iPad now? Try to do one by long pressing on it until it shakes and red x pops up in the corner. Than, you can deleted. You can than try to re-install it to see if it downloads for you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look to see if you have any downloads pending in iTunes. If there are swipe to delete and then see if your apps will then update.

OP
K

kjbitts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful tips. I was able to delete and reinstall the apps that we're stuck.

Most reactions

Latest posts