What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad update fails(1104)and wont turn on again..!

Charmie125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi...when i try to update my ipad in ios 4.2, my ipad goes on a black screen until itunes said "cannot update ipad.erro 1104)"..i try to turn on my ipad again but nothing happens..i try to hold sleep/wake and home buttons for more than 20 seconds but nothing happens..! somebody help me please..!!!

OP
C

Charmie125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charmie125 said:
can u help me pls..i try to update my ipad to ios 4.2 until the screen goes black and itunes said "cannot update ipad..error occured (1104)...after that i unpugged my ipad and try to turn it on but nothing happens...i try to hold sleep/wake and home button for more than 20 seconds but still nothing happens..! i try to restore it but cannot restore again error 1104 again...i've tried it several times until i plugged my ipad again to itunes it wont appear in itunes..i think itunes cannot detect my ipad...pls...help me...im so worried...
please...

OP
C

Charmie125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tnx for the reply...i've tried it but nothing happens...i've tried to charge it in wall outlet but after more than 15 minutes there is no battery charging icon appears...it's still in black screen...! heLp me please...!! :((

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would contact apple, as no one on here seems to have a fix

OP
C

Charmie125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im scared to bring it to apple store because my ipad is jailbroken....hELP pLS...!!

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charmie125 said:
im scared to bring it to apple store because my ipad is jailbroken....hELP pLS...!!

a hard lesson you will have to take on the chin for jailbreaking something that, in my opinion, isnt worth jailbreaking. jailbreaking i think is a waste of time and a good product. i previously jailbroke an itouch, and it was so unstable i restored it and promised never to jailbreak anything again.

OP
C

Charmie125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so iF i bRIng my ipAd into the apple store....wILL i lose my warranty? what wiLL i do...? i cant turn it on...pls help...

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charmie125 said:
so iF i bRIng my ipAd into the apple store....wILL i lose my warranty? what wiLL i do...? i cant turn it on...pls help...

i would assume that yes it has invalidated the warranty. you can only try and pray they dont find out it failed whilst being jailbroken. hope you have a good and credile story (lie).

is it safe to assume this thread can now be closed as i fear we will continue to repeat ourslves

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have a look at You Tube [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkf8O8wOoU[/ame]

Gives you ways to get out of recovery mode and failed updates. Hopefully one of his suggestions will work for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts