What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad typing on its own, opening pages on its own etc

Simple farmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for help with the issue of iPad original suddenly doing whatever it wants on its own. Does not happen all the time and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it happens. iPad geeks couldn't tell me a thing at the iPad store here in Canada

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Simple farmer said:
Looking for help with the issue of iPad original suddenly doing whatever it wants on its own. Does not happen all the time and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it happens. iPad geeks couldn't tell me a thing at the iPad store here in Canada

There's a good chance that the digitizer on your iPad is failing. Considering the age of your iPad, you might want to consider upgrading to a later model.

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would concur about the digitizer. I had the same issue, but had it replaced under Apple Care. Any chance you still have coverage? If not, you may be able to get it repaired at the Apple store or through a licensed repair center for far less than the cost of an upgrade. Another consideration... www.ifixit.com for detailed DIY instructions and eBay or another web based resource to buy a new digitizer. Again, way cheaper than an upgrade.

Most reactions