What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad turns off back to lock screen?

foxy_1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just wandering whether anyone's ipad2 ever just turns off back to the lock screen on it's own? I'll be doing something and I'll move the iPad and it will just go to the lock screen, has anyone else had this happen? Should I be taking it back to apple?

Thanks heaps

Foxy

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your Auto-Lock time in Settings (under the General tab). The Auto-Lock setting is designed to turn off the screen and send you back to the lock screen (it acts just as if you quick-pressed the sleep button). So, that behavior is normal.

However, if you have it set low (i.e. for two minutes), it'll turn off pretty quick - as it bases the time to go off on when you last touched the screen. It may be coincidence that it's turning off just as you go to use/move it.

Hope that clarifies things.

Marilyn

Empty_1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, this has nothing to do with the issue Foxy was describing.

I am having the same issue, every time I pick up my ipad (as in moving it) it goes to the lock screen. It does not matter how long the Auto-Lock setting is set at.

I am wondering if I need to contact apple about this, as I am sure it is a malfunction.

Unless someone has any other idea?

Check your Auto-Lock time in Settings (under the General tab). The Auto-Lock setting is designed to turn off the screen and send you back to the lock screen (it acts just as if you quick-pressed the sleep button). So, that behavior is normal.

However, if you have it set low (i.e. for two minutes), it'll turn off pretty quick - as it bases the time to go off on when you last touched the screen. It may be coincidence that it's turning off just as you go to use/move it.

Hope that clarifies things.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I would take it to Apple. If you're not accidentally hitting any buttons when moving the iPad and it's not the AutoLock kicking in, then you shouldn't get the LockScreen at random. So, I'd take it in...

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts