What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad travel to Australia

bdullea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have the chance to go to Perth Australia for my company. I am wondering if I take my iPad do I need special adapter for power and if what would you recommend. Also will I still have complete access to my iTunes etc, I will also be bringing my laptop as well, but are there different restrictions on the apps etc I would be able to access. Thanks for any help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have the chance to go to Perth Australia for my company. I am wondering if I take my iPad do I need special adapter for power and if what would you recommend. Also will I still have complete access to my iTunes etc, I will also be bringing my laptop as well, but are there different restrictions on the apps etc I would be able to access. Thanks for any help.

The iPad charger will work just fine in Australia - all you'll need is the usual travel adaptor to enable the charger to physical plug into the wall socket. The iPad charger is fine with the Australian voltage. You'll have no trouble accessing your US iTunes account while you're in Australia and no additional steps are necessary. You'll automatically be directed to that account.

If you have a 3G iPad you might want to purchase a local SIM pre-pay account to avoid roaming charges.

Have a great trip.

Tim

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Living in the country in question I can confirm Tim's advice, you just need a USA to AUS converter plug.

You should be able to get one of these before or after arrival at any airport.

Most chargers are 110 V to 240 V, 50 Htz to 60 Htz. Australia is 240 V, 50 Htz.

Check you iPad charger, I would be surprised if it doesn't comply.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely the iPad charger is identical in every country in the world - only power adaptor is different depending upon the country in which the iPad is supplied.

The charger has an international standard IEC socket and can connect to a special purpose IEC power outlet adaptor or a conventional, two-pin IEC plug - the sort that you find on most domestic audio equipment for connecting to the power outlet.

But by far the easiest solution is (a) purchase the Apple International Adaptor kit, which contains power outlet adaptors for most any country in the world or, (b) as the last poster suggested, buy a travel adaptor at the airport.

Tim

Most reactions