What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad trade in

Curt14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have any views or knowledge on a trade in policy! As I would like to get rid of my iPad to get the new iPad 2 however can't afford to fork out money for the iPad 2 so would like to get some cash for the old one?

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just try to sell it? I don't think Apple offers any trade-in deals.

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have spoken to apple and they are not doing a trade. I was disappointed because my husband bought mine a week before the announcement, he would have waited if he had known about the new version coming out.

We are both pensioners and I am partially sighted so the video camera version would have been great help in keeping in contact with family. They did say to sell on eBay but I would take a big hit in the second hand Market even though it's only 8 weeks old. Very disappointed.

Reaction score
saphire said:
I have spoken to apple and they are not doing a trade. I was disappointed because my husband bought mine a week before the announcement, he would have waited if he had known about the new version coming out.

We are both pensioners and I am partially sighted so the video camera version would have been great help in keeping in contact with family. They did say to sell on eBay but I would take a big hit in the second hand Market even though it's only 8 weeks old. Very disappointed.

But you got a $100 refund from Apple right? Because they always offer a refund, when the price of a product gets permanently reduced within two weeks after purchase.

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But you got a $100 refund from Apple right? Because they always offer a refund, when the price of a product gets permanently reduced within two weeks after purchase.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't know they offered that until you just mentioned it.

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes apple did offer the 100.00 refund. Also best buy will do a trade in for the iPad even if u didn't purchase it from them. They will give you a gift card towards the new purchase.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have any views or knowledge on a trade in policy! As I would like to get rid of my iPad to get the new iPad 2 however can't afford to fork out money for the iPad 2 so would like to get some cash for the old one?

You are in Weston, FL?

What model?
Condition?

jgumphress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
umphress.web.officelive.com
I tried the Best Buy trade up program. They ran me off. Seams you have to have bought the iPad AFTER that program started. I bought my iPad1 one month prior to the new trade up program. Ever time I have any dealings with Best Buy I get a run around.

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sell it on Craigslist. It is free and you are sure to find a local buyer. I sold two iPads there when I replaced with iPad 2s. Both sold within one day for a fair price.
Good luck.

Last edited:

poopsie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be getting it. I know I may sound harsh but thats reality. It is not Apples fault, sell yours, save up money and get an iPad2.

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't want to deal with Craigslist or eBay listing, you can sell online. Sell and Recycle Used Electronics - Gazelle They pay for shipping as well. They're reputable and have been featured in many news stories recently. They are currently paying $203 for a 16gb WiFi in perfect condition.

Gazelle sells original iPads on new Web store | Apple Talk - CNET News

You can also sell instantly on eBay and they pay shipping.

1) Go to your eBay home page
2) click on the pull down menu that says "Sell" in the upper right, choose "Instant Sale"
3) put "iPad" in the search box and fill in the answers to questions about condition, etc.

They are currently paying $194 for a 16gb WiFi model.

wingnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be getting it. I know I may sound harsh but thats reality. It is not Apples fault, sell yours, save up money and get an iPad2.
i *************************.and where did they say its apples fault?

Last edited by a moderator:

poopsie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wingnut said:
i ***************************..and where did they say its apples fault?

If you had been following the original thread before it was changed, you wouldn't t be saying that. Check the "holier then thou" attitude and take it some where else. Your choice of words is unacceptable...

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts