What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad to record from mixer to cd

ggirl1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok new this recording. I'm looking for away to record churches service from my ipad and the burn CDs. I'm hoping I can hook up the iPad to the peavy fx16 for recording then burn to cd. Need help in what app to use?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe something like DropVox to record to mp3/mpa and upload the file straight out to a Dropbox account which you can sync to your PC or Mac for the burning part.

I'm surprised your not asking about adapters, etc. for getting the und from the mixer to the iPad!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums ggirl, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 295,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

OP
G

ggirl1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok new this recording. I'm looking for away to record churches service from my ipad and the burn CDs. I'm hoping I can hook up the iPad to the peavy fx16 for recording then burn to cd. Need help in what app to use?

I'm new to this what adapters do I need. Don't want to use Dropbox, will be burning on the fly.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm new to this what adapters do I need. Don't want to use Dropbox, will be burning on the fly.

There are various audio adaptors for the iPad, some go into the 30 pin connection (maybe some for the lightning connection) and you can also get the right adaptors for the headset jack. Start by looking at the Apple Store options, then spread out from there. If I get time, I'll do a bit of research and post my findings.

In regards to burning CDs, how did you plan to burn a CD with an iPad? Either way, you'd have to output to a PC or Mac to burn (unless you have a standalone burner, but you still need to get the file across to it).

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, looking at the capabilities of the Peavey FX16, adding an iPad to the mix seems to over complicate things. It has the ability to record directly to a USB, or stream to a connected PC. WIth the end result being to burn to CD, piping audio to an iPad seems to be superfluous. The iPad cannot burn CDs, so going directly to a PC or other CD burning device seems the logical way to go.

Most reactions

Latest posts