What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to query/update sql database // Python scripts

lovefruits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Readers,

I am new to the Apple universe and need help from experienced users. I am considering getting an Ipad. Other than usual stuff (reading, email, surfing the web) it shall mostly be used as a means of querying and updating a SQL database.

The database is Postgres residing on a server in the LAN / Wifi (later possibly Internet). Currently I am using self made Python (PyQt) scripts to query and update the database. Further I am using Libreoffice to generate PDF for printing.

1. Any App for Ipad that can be used to query and update the database?

2. Any reasonable way of having the Python scripts working on Ipad?

Thanks for sharing your experience with a newbie :)

LANDKA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There should be some apps for the database part. There is this one I've seen, called Database Query, you can find it on the App Store.
I never tried it though.

About the Python scripts, I think Apple doesn't want that, so there is no (legal) way of doing it. I can't give you a definitive answer though, search around :)

Most reactions