What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad to IPad

chewdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im new to this IPad tech, but it is sure fun. I bought a second IPad for my brother for Xmas. I have some music and movies I would like to transfer (I have not opened the second box yet) from my IPad to his. I will be traveling this weekend for Thanksgiving and will give him his gift. So is this something I could do with Itunes ? Hook up both IPads (usb) and drag and drop, or is there a app. that can do this?

Thanks in advance
Chew

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you sync everything on iPad 1 you can restore iPad 2 exactly the same....only problem is iPad 2 will be synced to your iTunes account.....which means they will be using your iTunes account if they know the PW.

OP
C

chewdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm Thanks gentlefury. They also have a Itunes account for there IPod

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm Thanks gentlefury. They also have a Itunes account for there IPod

Right, but anything you purchased with your account won't backup on theirs. Also they wont be able to upgrade any apps or purchase new apps.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well kinda, you can authorize both accounts on his pc, then sign in with your account, redownload apps, log out and log back in on his account sync his iPad...he will need your password for updates but not new purchases..
For music put your library from iTunes on pc on a flash drive and import to his iTunes...with your account authorized he will be able to load the music.

OP
C

chewdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well kinda, you can authorize both accounts on his pc, then sign in with your account, redownload apps, log out and log back in on his account sync his iPad...he will need your password for updates but not new purchases..
For music put your library from iTunes on pc on a flash drive and import to his iTunes...with your account authorized he will be able to load the music.

Thanks BrennB. Ya thats what I plan on doing. The only thing I want to put on his IPad was music and videos.....no apps

Most reactions

Latest posts