What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad to ios7 should you?

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure exactly what changed with that, but thanks for the instructions.

With it enabled the icons seem to float above the background picture, enable it again and look at an icon and the background together, move the iPad around while still looking and you will see the picture move slightly behind the icon.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if it was the gyroscope or the accelerometer, but parallax uses one of the two. If you tilt your phone to the side at even the slightest angle, parallax will take effect. If you leave Reduce Motion toggled off, iOS will constantly fetch for any changes in the "balance" of the phone, and parallax would kick in according to how your device is tilted

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Battery life is always a controversial subject to be honest. Some users have the most insane battery life while others could only dream of having half of that.

It sure is! I think the batteries themselves simply have a wide range of behavior and sometimes you get a good one and sometimes ya don't. That's the only explanation for incredibly wide range of battery life reports you get regarding idevices. Either that or people lie about usage or don't really have things turned off that they say they do. It's an ongoing issue.....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have movement turned off and have chosen a photo I took that fits whatever the home screen background wants to do to it and I really like the look.

View attachment 48534

Czevski, thanks! That's a good illustration of how the wallpaper "transparency" colours are affected by the picture, and IMHO should send some message to the "OMG I hate that grey band at the bottom of the screen and I hate Apple forever" brigade.
Andrew

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It sure is! I think the batteries themselves simply have a wide range of behavior and sometimes you get a good one and sometimes ya don't. That's the only explanation for incredibly wide range of battery life reports you get regarding idevices. Either that or people lie about usage or don't really have things turned off that they say they do. It's an ongoing issue.....

Some apps use a lot more juice than others. I have a favorite solitaire game that sucks battery and really heats up the iPad, despite having little animation and no network or location usage. I presume it's just poorly coded and wastes CPU cycles, as the game's logic can't be that demanding.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions