What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad to Computer with iTunes

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I have a computer with iTunes on it and it recognizes my iPad. My question is, how do I make sure I am transferring data FROM my iPad TO my PC?
I do not want any information loading from my PC to my iPad.
I have no idea how to make this choice and be sure that data is only going from iPad TO PC and only the other way around by using Dropbox or something equal.
My iPad is 2 running on OS 8.
I find iTunes completely befuddling. Is there a difference between iTunes the store and iTues the app o transfer data?
Thank you, in advance because I know you all know the answer(s) to this query.
Diane.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTunes the store is for purchasing music, movies, series, ringtones, ...

iTunes the software (app on your PC?) also has this feature included, but can also be used to backup your iPad, to sync it, to transfer photos to your iDevice, ...

To make sure iTunes won't sync with your iPad, open iTunes before you connect your iPad to it.
Go to Edit and select Preferences. Here, open Devices. Checkmark "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically".
That done, you'll be able to connect your iPad to iTunes, and it won't start syncing on it's own.

Most reactions

Latest posts