What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to Android phone's hotspot

gijopeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Planning to buy Ipad Air WiFi. Is it possible to connect from Ipad to an android's phone's hotspot ( phone has 3G data connection)

Thanks
Gijo

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Planning to buy Ipad Air WiFi. Is it possible to connect from Ipad to an android's phone's hotspot ( phone has 3G data connection) Thanks Gijo
You should have no problem your iPad to a personal hotspot generated by your Android phone. Any device with WiFi capability should be able to connect to a personal hotspot.

Stag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I use this setup and it works fine, if a little slow sometimes due to signal strength.

vespa5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Planning to buy Ipad Air WiFi. Is it possible to connect from Ipad to an android's phone's hotspot ( phone has 3G data connection)

Thanks
Gijo

Yes. I currently have this setup. You can also feed off your Android phone's 3G/4G LTE connection without having to pay for "data packages for tablets" if you root it. I flashed a ROM onto my Samsung S3 with WiFi Tether by TrevE Mod. Works great. I've been streaming gigs upon gigs of data through it without having to pay extra (I have Sprint's unlimited data plan for PHONES, yet I ride my iPad Air on my phone's data).

OP
G

gijopeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all,

We received our Ipad yesterday and tried connecting it with Andriod phone's wifi hotspot, it is working great!

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just for fun, I tried turning on my iPad Air hotspot and connecting my Android phone's WiFi to it. It works that way too.

Most reactions

Latest posts