What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad, Syncing, Multiple IDs, and iCloud

Breeljn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, so I am a total newbie here, and to the iPad, so please forgive my ignorance! I really would like some help for this.

My company just bought employees an iPad2. However, they are synced in groups of 10 to a the iCloud (I believe this is the case, as they do not need to be synced to computers the way they are currently loaded). The intended use of the iPad is for us to be able to use them to display presentations, which we are to pull from a dropbox. Apparently, they have bee set up "in a group so you will all see the same info on each unit" and it is "important not to upload personal info onto these units as all members of your group will be able to view it."

Now, what I would like to know, is there a way around this? Perhaps a way to load my own personal Apple ID onto the device and switch between the two, without anyone being able to see my personal content or knowing that I have done this? They are not supported by our IT department so the only way anyone could find out is if the other members of the group could see things when the device is synced. The catch is, I need to still be able to use the device with the ID that the company has put on it to get presentations - the ID is associated with a company called teraspace I believe.

So, in essence, I would like to be able to use this iPad for both business and personal, with no one else on the corporate Apple ID connected to the cloud being any wiser........I mean, the device would be a bit of a waste otherwise!

Suggestions? Is this doable? How so?

Thanks so much!

vgorena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In Settings is listed iCloud... In which you can activate or not wat you want... For example the contacts can be deactivated and notes activated... In the case of notes you have an space for your privacy notes and an iCloud space.... So, select the things that you want to share or let me know what things must be sharing and what others not, to be more explicit with each one...

Sent from my iPad using iPF.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a problem with the iPad and cannot resolve it and must end up taking it to your company with your personal content still visible on it, will it be worth whatever grief your company would put you through?

Most reactions