What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad sync problem with iPhoto

hyuenjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I tried to sync my Macbook Pro photos with my iPad, as usual I go to the photos window and choose what albums I want to be sync, but now during the sync appears a flag saying: "the iPad "Harmodio" cannot b synced. The required file cannot be found". What could it be? help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting.

Try turning off the albums one at a time and trying to sync. Lots of syncs, but you'll be able to narrow down the file that is causing the problem.

If that doesn't help, turn off all albums, sync so that it removes all the photos, then try adding the albums one at a time until you find the offending album.

Also, powering down the iPad, and/or a soft reset might help. Actually, you should probably try that first. See below.

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

OP
H

hyuenjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipod problem sync with iPhoto

Thanks for your reply, I did the partial sync many times, and finally the soft reset, tried again the partial sync and did not work with any of the files of my iPhoto... something is wrong with this iPad. All the other apps are working well and sync well. Is only with the iPhoto. The most strange thing is that I had these files in the iPad before and suddenly it erased them and cannot sync anymore anything from there (iPhoto).
If somebody has another suggestion to try is more than welcome.
rgds
HY

OP
H

hyuenjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just "solve" the problem so far, until further notice. I move the pictures I wanted to sync with my ipad into the pictures folder in my mac and choose to sync with these folders and it worked. I still wanted to sync directly from the iPhoto app.
rgds,
HY

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like there might be a problem with iPhoto on the MacBook Pro.

Check Software Update... under the Apple menu and make sure there are no updates waiting for the program. I'm running iPhoto 9 ver 8.1.2 without problems. This is not the same as checking for updates in the iPhoto program. It will tell you iPhoto 11 is available in the Mac App Store It shouldn't be necessary to purchase it to make things work. Unless you want to, of course. Or maybe you already have it.

Create a new test album and move some photos into it and see if you can sync it. If this works recreate all your albums and delete the old ones.

Last of all, you can try rebuilding the iPhoto library.

iPhoto 6 and later: Rebuilding the iPhoto library

Be sure you back up your iPhoto library first, just in case.

Ok, the real last of all. Verifying and repairing permissions on your hard drive could also be a help. Not likely, but it's a good thing to do once in a while anyway.

Using Disk Utility to verify or repair disks

That is all I can think of for the moment. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
H

hyuenjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for your help. The iPhoto in my mac is iPhoto´11, and it is the latest version, already checked the updates. I´ll try to create a new album, and will let you know what happened. rgds,
HY

cepitta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey, hyuenjr, how did you solve that? I just bought my iPad 2 and when i tried to sync, I had the very same problem. And my prior iPad was syncing properly. Any ideas?

OP
H

hyuenjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No really. I did what I explained above. I relocate some of my photos in the pictures files of my mac under a new file and then I marked them in the iPad menu at the itunes to sync. and it did.

cepitta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually rebuilt my iPhoto Library and it worked properly. Thank you for the help

Most reactions

Latest posts