What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad successfully tethered to Android Mobile for anywhere wi-fi, Yippee!

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After following various threads on how to get a non 3G Ipad onto the internet through the mobile network, I have finally succeeded by buying a phone off Ebay for £70 (Pulse Mini - already rooted) and installing free software (Barnacle Legacy). I now have internet access anywhere there is a mobile signal and no general wi-fi.
Quite pleased with myself as I'm not a techno' addict and simply wanted to get my own wi-fi hotspot.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried this with my rooted Vibrant it works for a little bit then errors? What app are you using to increase MTU?

OP
P

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MIne drops out fairly regularly but I just press start again and it continues where it left off. It seems to depend on the phone make and type how well it works.
It is perfect for my Email which is my main need and I expect things will improve as developers upgrade their products. For now I'm more than happy with what I've got!
Wouldn't work with the later Barnacle versions by the way!
Cheers,
Peter

Most reactions

Latest posts