What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad stylus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whats the best stylus for the iPad when it comes to taking notes on the note pad?

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the Pogo and Stylu-R-Us and between the two there is no comparison. SRU is the clear winner. You barely have to touch the screen, it requires no pressure to activate or swipe the screen. Search you tube for demos.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There have been a lot of discussions of this topic in this subforum. You might want to do a search. You will find a lot of info.

I have tested five or six, and I find thus far that my newly received iFaraday is the pick of the litter! That said, I also must confess that I am always enthusiastic about a new one. When I have used it for a while, I will post more details. One very nice feature is that it is six inches long, while most others are too short. And it seems to be best for general use, including note taking by handwriting.

Good luck!

P.S. The Stylus-R-Us that Svenster likes is also a good one, but for me it as too hard to write with the extremely light touch required to keep its tip fibers from compressing an ceasing to work. The seller does provide a bit of velcro for "rejuvenating" the tip, but it's a bit of a pain. Of course there are many other fans of that stylus here who will undoubetdly share their experiences with it, so you will have to evaluate our preferences in terms of your own style and writing needs.

Last edited:

RojasC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been a lot of discussions of this topic in this subforum. You might want to do a search. You will find a lot of info.

I have tested five or six, and I find thus far that my newly received iFaraday is the pick of the litter! That said, ...

I was wondering how the iFaraday compares with the old fashioned plastic stylus. The best stylus I've found was the HTC - Scribe Digital Pen at best buy but I refuse to pay $80 for a stylus with an old fashioned tip that works on an iPad. I can't wait till they start selling the electromagnetic stylus pens for capacitive touch screens.

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing more on these electromagnetic styles as well.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RojasC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iFaraday today, only complaint I got is that the firm tip one leaves a black residue wich I'm sure is just a defect and you still have to apply quite a bit of pressure for them to track properly. Still better than the rubber tip ones, just gotta get use to putting more pressure than I'm use to.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my iFaraday today, only complaint I got is that the firm tip one leaves a black residue wich I'm sure is just a defect and you still have to apply quite a bit of pressure for them to track properly. Still better than the rubber tip ones, just gotta get use to putting more pressure than I'm use to.

RojasC,

Sorry I missed seeing your earlier question.

On the screen smudges---that happened to me too. I think Rustle (the iFaraday guy) got hold of a bad batch of tip material. He replaced them for me for free. You might want to email him about it.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

RojasC,

Sorry I missed seeing your earlier question.

On the screen smudges---that happened to me too. I think Rustle (the iFaraday guy) got hold of a bad batch of tip material. He replaced them for me for free. You might want to email him about it.

+1. Get in touch with Rustle. I have a firm tip stylus and it does not exhibit this behavior AT ALL. In fact, the iFaraday "glides" across the screen with far less pressure than any other stylus I've used.

Most reactions

Latest posts