What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Stupid

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I've had my iPad 2 32k/3G about a year and a half. I am totally dependent on it and use it for everything thus my
title. This may appear derogatory to the community but in actuality this is how I refer to myself when discussing things
concerning general computing. Prior to the iPad the only computers I was familiar with, (and I mean in the lightest way)
was a: Vic 20, Atari 400, and the original Balley Game System for the home which had extremely good games for its
time, it was also programmable from its keypad.
I had looked at a few laptops but that mouse about and little arrow really gave me grief, too much like a video game;
did I mention that I'm garbage when it comes to games? All I knew about the pad was that it was free standing, all
inclusive to itself and it could surf the net. I purchased it at Verizon and it was they that informed me about the 3G
versus wifi only. At the time this was perfect because I knew dip diddly about wifi!

It wasn't till about a month later I learned how little 5-10g plans were when my extra usage charges came in with a bill
cresting $300-, that was a wake up call fer sure! I now of course am wifi based with a Atlantic Broadband unlimited
service which on a ethernet connection runs a full 40mbs DL & 3.5 UL; had a friend speed test it with his laptop.
I of course am not running those #'s on the pad but I did hit 37 & 4 a couple times when I was trying to improve my
wifi signal after much research to you guys and all over Bing.

Well, this is getting long and I'm only supposed to introduce myself so I'll not ask any questions. Just so you know
I do thoroughly run the net trying to solve my pad problems and have learned much so if I write and ask about
something I did try to find the answer everywhere before bugging you. I've signed up because in some regards
you're the last resort and probably the only ones with the right answer.

Thank you for allowing me to join your group. Tahoechris

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Tahoechris! Welcome to iPF!

This is a very detailed introduction! :)
Perhaps you've already looked around in our forum and recognized that all members here are friendly and helpful. So if you have any problem, ask right away!
Glad you joined us!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Chris and welcome.

That is a great intro!

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, etc. and iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the forum rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://help.apple.com/ipad/6/ and here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for iOS 4, 5, 6, etc.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/ and for iPhone users, come and join in the discussion over at http://www.iphoneforums.net

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
Tahoechris

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your welcome to me and I most certainly agree with your wonderful quote.

OP
Tahoechris

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Sir for your advice. I do have the iPad guides and a few hint apps too. I also have the manual and control app for my new
kick a$$ Airport Router too which I love; especially being able to control all it's functions through my pad. I've managed to get my pad
to 37mbs DL & almost 4 UL and that's through a server VPN. Hopefully I've won the battle of slow wifi on my pad!

Good day and thanks..

OP
Tahoechris

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Small Town girl; might your name be Dorothy? Lord knows how many times you've heard that one but its a touch past 2 here
and brain cells are starting to dim.
Thank you for the welcome ...

OP
Tahoechris

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your pics of 'self' are great and your address is outta there!
One question though, "networked computers"; this is in reference to? Not being a s/a$$ here to what do you refer?

Thank you for your welcome.

OP
Tahoechris

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your welcome Sir. I did pop over to the ios5 tips and tricks and run through them and they are helpful.
I do intend to check out the other 2 sites too.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
One question though, "networked computers"; this is in reference to? Not being a s/a$$ here to what do you refer?

Oh you'll get used to my Battlestar Galactica references.

Here's a portion of script from the BSG MIni-series which launched the show.

AA

Adama: It's an integrated computer network, and I will not have it aboard this ship.

Roslin: I heard you're one of those people. You're actually afraid of computers.

Adama: No, there are many computers on this ship. But they're not networked.

Roslin: A computerized network would simply make it faster and easier for the teachers to be able to teach-

Adama: Let me explain something to you. Many good men and women lost their lives aboard this ship because someone wanted a faster computer to make life easier. I'm sorry that I'm inconveniencing you or the teachers, but I will not allow a networked computerized system to be placed on this ship while I'm in command. Is that clear?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

It's OK. His Battlestar Galactica references are not to be taken lightly, in fact noted down and savoured. But what is a bit of a worry is that he may be a suspect Cylon agent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Tahoechris

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EXCELLENT SIR, I DID LOVE THE ORIGINAL SERIES BUT COULDN'T GET INTO THE NEW ONE; SORRY!
Noticed that your page pic changed, do you change that daily or is automatic? I'm curious about the pics and avatars.

Good Day Sir...

Sorry..just noted that your pic didn't change but could have sworn he moved!! O/kidding, still
like him!

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
EXCELLENT SIR, I DID LOVE THE ORIGINAL SERIES BUT COULDN'T GET INTO THE NEW ONE; SORRY!
Noticed that your page pic changed, do you change that daily or is automatic? I'm curious about the pics and avatars.

Good Day Sir...

Sorry..just noted that your pic didn't change but could have sworn he moved!! O/kidding, still
like him!

The avatar changes daily.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions