What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad stuck

flz3747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is stuck at "verifying updates.." since yesterday for the latest update, and I cannot even turn the iPad off...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad is stuck at "verifying updates.." since yesterday for the latest update, and I cannot even turn the iPad off...

First off, you've not provided any useful information to help: 1) What iPad do you own; 2) What iOS version are you updating from and to which one (I'm assuming 9.3.2, which I did recently on my device); 3) Are you doing this OTA (Over The Air, i.e. via Wi-Fi) or cabled to a computer; 4) If cabled, is this an Apple computer or a PC w/ Windows; and 5) Have you tried to 'Reset' your iPad, i.e. hold down both the START & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release, and let your iPad reboot.

Answers to the above questions will be useful - if you are trying this update OTA, then plugging into a computer and using iTunes may help - ask questions before trying this suggestion. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try pressing and holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart. Let us know if this works.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try pressing and holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart. Let us know if this works.

Hey - we're on the same radar screen - :) Dave

OP
flz3747

flz3747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, you've not provided any useful information to help: 1) What iPad do you own; 2) What iOS version are you updating from and to which one (I'm assuming 9.3.2, which I did recently on my device); 3) Are you doing this OTA (Over The Air, i.e. via Wi-Fi) or cabled to a computer; 4) If cabled, is this an Apple computer or a PC w/ Windows; and 5) Have you tried to 'Reset' your iPad, i.e. hold down both the START & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release, and let your iPad reboot.

Answers to the above questions will be useful - if you are trying this update OTA, then plugging into a computer and using iTunes may help - ask questions before trying this suggestion. Dave :)
Thank you for the quick response, it's the iPad3, it was trying to update 9.3.2 via wifi, but never got anywhere. With that said, I tried your reminder of holding the start & home...and it did the trick! Thank you very much for taking the time to help in every aspect!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response, it's the iPad3, it was trying to update 9.3.2 via wifi, but never got anywhere. With that said, I tried your reminder of holding the start & home...and it did the trick! Thank you very much for taking the time to help in every aspect!

GREAT! SciFan.. and I were on the same wavelength - glad the RESET worked for you - Dave :)

Last edited:
OP
flz3747

flz3747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, a double barrelled solution.
Yes, a double barrelled solution.
T

Thank you very much! You saved the day again!

Most reactions

Latest posts