What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad stuck on logo with loading bar.. help!

TJCloutier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had it jailbroken... but I don't think that matters. It may but regardless my problem is that after doing a master reset and trying to restore it shows the apple logo and the bar is all the way to the end almost and then it stops... and wont go anywhere. Anyone have any tips? I've tried hard resetting it but nothing happens. Pleaseee help! Thanks

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TJCloutier said:
I had it jailbroken... but I don't think that matters. It may but regardless my problem is that after doing a master reset and trying to restore it shows the apple logo and the bar is all the way to the end almost and then it stops... and wont go anywhere. Anyone have any tips? I've tried hard resetting it but nothing happens. Pleaseee help! Thanks

My iPad 1 used to take a ridiculously long time to restore itself. I suggest you wait it out. I set a little paper marker to make sure iPad was indeed moving. It was, but very slow. Took a few hours, but it did load and go back to normal.

OP
T

TJCloutier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TJCloutier said:

My iPad 1 used to take a ridiculously long time to restore itself. I suggest you wait it out. I set a little paper marker to make sure iPad was indeed moving. It was, but very slow. Took a few hours, but it did load and go back to normal.

how many hours? Mines stuck like ---- much from the end. Was yours?

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine stuck about 3 hours. It was torture. I thought I'd done something to break it. Even restarted and reloaded it many times before I grasped it was, very slow. It is fine and never happened again.

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to reinstall the firmware in DFU mode

Can you explain how to do this? I'm confused. I know DFU mode. Hold two together for however long and then hold home. But then what?

After connecting the ipad to the pc and starting the dfu mode there will be an option to restore in itunes use that to restore it to the latest firmware

PS I had downloaded the 4.3.3 version directly from apple so I pointed to it from restore option(press shift while clicking) and it worked flawlessly

OP
T

TJCloutier

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Can you explain how to do this? I'm confused. I know DFU mode. Hold two together for however long and then hold home. But then what?

After connecting the ipad to the pc and starting the dfu mode there will be an option to restore in itunes use that to restore it to the latest firmware

PS I had downloaded the 4.3.3 version directly from apple so I pointed to it from restore option(press shift while clicking) and it worked flawlessly

I've tried this, still getting stuck. I'm downloading 4.2.1 now to try. Anyone have any other suggestions? Will they know if I take it into them if it was jailbroken? I don't think so but just wondering.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

You should always search my friend! There is a great sticky on the subject here...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Also, why are you going to restore 4.2.1? This will require you to have SHSH Blobs (search again!) which you may or may not have, but why make it complicated for yourself? 4.3.3 is the latest firmware and is easily jailbreakable...

You should restore 4.3.3 in DFU mode. Again, there is a sticky in this section which will allow you to download 4.3.3 directly from Apple servers.

Hope that helps.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the answer!

If you had wifi sync on your computer then the iPad will get stuck. I have tried to upgrade or restore with wifi sync installed and the iPad gets stuck at like 95% of the loading bar. And it will not move. Check to see if you have wifi sync. Uninstall it.

Most reactions