What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad stuck in recovery

AIRCON12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have just replaced my ipad(the first one got stuck in recovery mode after trying to update to os5) and now the new one has done the same. have followed all the instructions on the apple website to try to resolve the issue, but no joy. i have only had the ipad for 3 weeks, and am beginning to regret spending all that money on something that keeps failing. please help!!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't panic!! We're here to help...OK - so your second iPad had an earlier version of iOS and now you're trying to 'recover' it? Did you return the first one to the Apple Store and they gave you a replacement? A new iPad should now have iOS5...

OK - what is the screen of the iPad 'saying'?

Tim

OP
A

AIRCON12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tim, the replacement had ios4, the screen is displaying a usb symbol and the itunes logo, i have checked my itunes and it is the latest one.

OP
A

AIRCON12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have followed all the instructions on the apple website regarding restarting etc, but itunes dipays an error code of 1611 and the pc does not recognize the ipad.
robin

dnordstr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue. I had to reboot my pc. Also I had to plug the USB cord directly into the pc and not the one on my monitor.

Then it restored an upgraded.

OP
A

AIRCON12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys,
many thanks for your help, i had the ipad connected directly to the computer, so i changed ports, and it now seems to be restoring. any more problems and i will post here again.
robin

Most reactions