iPad stuck in DFU mode, won't restore, itunes 4014 error

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by rueshir, Aug 3, 2017.

1. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have AppleCare+, there is the Express replacement service. Call Apple and explain the problem. Ask if they want the error log in your post. If Apple approves the replacement they’ll mail you a replacement iPad and the packaging to return the defective unit at no cost to you. A temporary hold will be placed on your credit card to cover the cost of the replacement iPad. This hold is cancelled when they receive the returned iPad. iPad Express Replacement - Apple Support

2. Jupiter7

Jupiter7
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You're welcome.

3. rueshir

rueshir
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    No I don't have AppleCare but I think I know what's the problem. You said it could be my laptop so I noticed when I plugged my iPhone iTunes started getting glitchy and freezing up so I reckon that the new iTunes version doesn't exactly go well with my Windows laptop? I uninstalled it and reinstalled a new download of iTunes and the installer gave me grief it kept saying there was an error installing iTunes. I don't know why I never had a problem installing iTunes till now :(

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Which version of Windows is on your computer? The latest version of iTunes will run on Windows 7 and later. BTW, have you tried turning off your firewall and anti virus before trying to install iTunes on your computer?

5. Abbyacb

Abbyacb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you can not open your iTunes normally, it might due to the firewall and antivirus program, which will prevent iTunes from connecting to Apple servers or to devices. Maybe you can try to restore or upgrade the IPSW on your laptop. In addition, you can try to restore your iPad on another PC, maybe things will be better. Hope you can find the way to get your iPad out of recovery mode.

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That won't help if the OP's iPad has a hardware problem, as suggested by the error 4014.

7. rueshir

rueshir
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It's Windows 10, but it's giving me a very hard time with this recent version of iTunes, but I also recently updated my Windows software so I dunno which is the glitchy one. I haven't tried turning my firewall and antivirus off when installing let me try that.