What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks

Hey cro,

found that doom elixir and hydra is not available on profile 2 (blue orb).

I think we figured out what the problem is. :D we'll have it repaired in the next update (after this one).

The most recent update for ipad/iphone was already submitted on Dec 8th, it hit the ipad version tonight.

it includes:
- newly improved deck editor
- minion placement indicator
- spell/minion ability targeting indicator
- 3 car max glitch has been repaired

tamashii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey cro,

I think we figured out what the problem is. :D we'll have it repaired in the next update (after this one).

The most recent update for ipad/iphone was already submitted on Dec 8th, it hit the ipad version tonight.

it includes:

oh sweet, will keep an eye out for the update.

You reckon the AI card placement can be fixed? (rather than from bottom up have them block human card) and have them using their casting ability?

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello again tam.

Hey cro,

it includes:

oh sweet, will keep an eye out for the update.

You reckon the AI card placement can be fixed? (rather than from bottom up have them block human card) and have them using their casting ability?

That will be addressed in a future update. It was originally supposed to be sort-of random, but we had a really frustrating bug in the first version of the game so we changed it to a more "fixed" pattern. We'll get it fixed again. And for your other question. You have to learn apples unique language if u want to learn to code up games for them.

To be honest with you, you're better off learning Ancient Sumatra, it would be more useful. lol

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heroes Blade Lite

... is now available for the Ipad AND Iphone. if you haven't seen the game give it a try and tell us what you think! :D :D :D

Shinobi3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Cro. I recently purchased the game after trying, and getting addicted to, the lite version. I'm what you would call a "hardcore gamer". Along with competitive console games, I play both Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh professionally. After 2 days of off-and-on play, I've made it to the 7th level.

Thus far, the only things that I've seen or think the game needs are:
-Alternate ways to earn gold.
-Deck editing legend. (number of cards, card ratios)
-Multiple deck slots.
-Hand number for both players.
-Spell upgrades.
-A date and brief overview for upcoming updates on the title screen.
-Multiplayer (further on after more updates)

With that said, the only two things I saw that needed an actual fix were the "no card playing" glitch, and not being able to purchase alot of the enemy's cards.

I've been having a blast with this game and can't wait for more updates to be released. It would be another thing to look forward to. (hence the "update date" implementation idea)
Oh and one thing I hope doesn't get fixed... I don't know if you realized it, but you can have an unlimited amount of upgraded minions.
I currently use a red elf draw engine in every deck, consisting of a lot of 2nd level elves (Druid Oakmage), with the max of 3 1st levels.
Thank you for your time, and for the record, you're sitting on a gold mine with this one...trust me.

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello Shinobi3!

Hi Cro. I recently purchased the game after trying, and getting addicted to, the lite version. I'm what you would call a "hardcore gamer". Along with competitive console games, I play both Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh professionally. After 2 days of off-and-on play, I've made it to the 7th level.

Thus far, the only things that I've seen or think the game needs are:
-Multiple deck slots.
-Spell upgrades.

With that said, the only two things I saw that needed an actual fix were the "no card playing" glitch, and not being able to purchase alot of the enemy's cards.

I've been having a blast with this game and can't wait for more updates to be released. It would be another thing to look forward to. (hence the "update date" implementation idea)
Oh and one thing I hope doesn't get fixed... I don't know if you realized it, but you can have an unlimited amount of upgraded minions.
I currently use a red elf draw engine in every deck, consisting of a lot of 2nd level elves (Druid Oakmage), with the max of 3 1st levels.
Thank you for your time, and for the record, you're sitting on a gold mine with this one...trust me.

Thank you so much for the compliments on our game and the great suggestions. :)

as for your suggestions.
- we're working on this. not sure if were going to do a quest or story mode, but we will eventually add something else to earn gold.

- we actually have this already and it would have been in the last update (along with the new targeting and minion-placement indicator's) but there was a problem with the transfer process from apple to the istore so we had to pull it. we're simply waiting on apple to figure out what they need to do to fix the issue (b/c the game is 100% playable and works fine on all of our devices before it goes to them and they even test it on their devices and have approved it twice, thus the problem is with the transfer to the istore).

-Multiple deck slots.
- we have been discussing this, but currently you can have up to 3 different decks with the 3 different profiles, although you have to start from the beginning at each profile.

- we have an upgraded HUD that will be in a new update that will show the number of cards in both your hand, your graveyard and library along with your opponents.

-Spell upgrades.
- on the way. we have about 30+ new spells in the works

- this is a really great idea, but the problem is that EVERY single time we do an update/upgrade for the game we have to submit it to apple and they take anywhere from 1-6 weeks to approve it, even if we take 5 minutes to fix something, it takes them days-weeks to approve it. you don't want to know how i feel about this b/c i would be banned from every forum on the earth. lol.

- we have a "magic" number that once we reach we will probably make an online multi-player. we simply don't have enough players to do one now though.

thanks again for the awesome comments and suggestions. we really appreciate them. have a happy new year! God bless. ;D

Arne85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi cro, loved the lite version so bought the game on ipad and ipod touch (for the on the go playing). I play it all the time, but I have an annoying bug: sometimes after I play a minion I can't drag any other cards into play til I restart my ipad, and when restarted my minio, has -1/-1. Really, it sometimes sucks the fun out of it.

Otherwise, very nice game.

sorry for the grammer btw, english not my native language

keep up the good work

Crow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello CRO,

I've recently purchased Heroes Blade (after trying the lite version) and it looks like your game has great potential. However, without proper and frequent updates and fixes the potential might be buried.

First let me give you my personal feedback on what should be fixed first.

1. *I just realized you can use the right space to scroll up and down so scratch this point*

2. Spells Page shows random list of "spells" that we can purchase. This is should to be changed where we can purchase anything we want. To make this possible add a filtering feature where you can filter Power Type (Red, White and Black) Spell Type (Minion, Spell, Mana) and Mana Cost (0, 1, 2, 3, 4+). Then we can browse the spell collection without having to fight, check store if the spell we want is available and if not.. fight more.

3. There needs to be a way to save more than just 1 deck. The three orbs in the beginning actually gives you 2 "different" accounts which are not connected. What we need is the ability of storing decks. Just a few buttons on top "New", "Load" and "Save" would work. Click on New to name your new deck then maybe using the same filtering system explained on point #2 we can filter the spells we want to include then we save the deck.

Below are the things I'd like to see but they are not mandatory:

1. Give us more upgrade options. Some creatures get upgraded to be multi-colored when I actually run a mono-deck. I should have several options of upgrade branches for people who want to focus on mono-decks.

2. Revamp the whole Store Section, as suggested in the beginning it needs to be enhanced with a lot of flexibilities and features to accommodate the multi-upgrade-branching system and a more enhanced spell store.

3. Add more Power Colors. Red, White and Black are nice but very limiting. Maybe a Blue color (sea/wind creatures..etc) and a Green color (Treants/Bears..etc)

4. Add Spell Types. We know we have Minions, that's a spell type. The good thing about having types is that you can add a lot of mechanics to the game like (Destroy all equipments in the game) or (Opponent cannot cast Instants for two turns). Without having types you can't do these kind of "spells". I would like to see Equipments, Instants, Objects, Heroic Minions..etc. Objects can be Walls you can place on your front line to protect your minion they have a lot of hp but can't attack. Objects can be many things like Mines, Pitfalls..etc

5. Gives us the option to permit our heroes to attack or defend this turn. It would add a lot of tactics to the game instead of watching them just shoot every time and probably kill themselves because of it.

6. Gives us more than just 6 spaces in the field to place minions (9 spaces sounds good) and give us the ability to move minions (which would not let them be able to attack or defend this turn).

7. Add more combat mechanics that are shared by several other minions like "First Strike: This creature attacks first", "Flying: This creature cannot be attacked by non-flying creatures"..etc. This would make the game easy because every time we read "First Strike" we know this unit will hit first. So, we don't have to always read unique unit descriptions (and there's nothing wrong with that, but basic combat mechanics are always a good thing).

8. Add Neutral Spells that can be cast using any type of mana.

Balance Issues I'd like to see fixed:

Almost all Trait system is anti-skill and increases the luck factor which is the very same reason why MTG:Tactics (SOE) failed. Giving me a 50% chance for my creatures to get +1/+1 and attack this turn is just... silly. Might ass well throw a die and see who wins. Traits are OKAY if they are not severely overpowered. The +2 HP (to a maximum of +10 hp) is acceptable. But +1/+1 and attack at the same turn is too strong and the other one which hurts any minion attacking you is also strong. You are running a Deck Building game and most fans of the genre are not into "Luck" infested games.

The spells (minions and spells) are perfectly balanced they are good and interesting. The quantity is healthy for a new release once everything is sorted out (Fixes, then Things I'd like to see like adding more Color powers, then fixing the Trait system.. ) if all that was done then you can increase and expand on the collection of spells for Black, White and Red Powers.

I congratulate you for creating a great game it's entertaining. If these suggestions I listed were taken serious and we see the game being fixed and expanded upon I'd be willing to pay for every expansion you guys might introduce (which should be optional but gives those who purchase it the option to purchase the new spells).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts