What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad storage

boudica1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am trying to download a rented film but my iPad keeps telling me I have insufficient storage on my iPad - can I back up my stored items to iCloud in order to release space on my iPad whilst still being able to access these items at will?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
boudica1 said:
Am trying to download a rented film but my iPad keeps telling me I have insufficient storage on my iPad - can I back up my stored items to iCloud in order to release space on my iPad whilst still being able to access these items at will?

You can most certainly utilize iCloud to back up the data. However you will still need to delete objects stored locally to clear space for the film rental. Once you do these objects are accessible but as far as I understand only accessible for restore purposes. I do not think you can stream video from an iCloud backup. You would have to restore the object(s) in order to do so I believe.

OP
boudica1

boudica1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
You can most certainly utilize iCloud to back up the data. However you will still need to delete objects stored locally to clear space for the film rental. Once you do these objects are accessible but as far as I understand only accessible for restore purposes. I do not think you can stream video from an iCloud backup. You would have to restore the object(s) in order to do so I believe.

Hi Midranger4 - thanks for your reply - that makes sense - I think I was confused about the limitations of iCloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts