What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad storage issue with the photo app

capnben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have been trying to free up some space on my ipad. Looking at Settings>General>Usage>Storage it shows that my Photos and Camera are using 969 MB of space. The problem is I have zero pics on my ipad. No videos either. Nothing in the camera roll at all. What is stealing almost a gig of my storage? Any ideas?

iPad 3 (Retina) 32GB WiFi & 4G (AT&T)
iOS 6.0.1

Thanks!!

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

capnben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is showing all that is being used by the photo library. But as I said, there are no albums or pics. Very odd.

Ben

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
capnben said:
It is showing all that is being used by the photo library. But as I said, there are no albums or pics. Very odd.

Ben

hmmm.

With the iPad connected to the computer and selected under Devices in iTunes, make sure that Photo syncing is turned off, then sync.

OP
C

capnben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will. I won't be able to get to my computer until the first week of December. I will report back though.

OP
C

capnben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck. iTunes thinks it is gone, as it shows no photos on the storage breakdown when plugged in. But when I look under settings-general-usage it still shows 969 MB being used by the photo library. Odd. I suppose I will try a restore to see if that will cure it.

Ben

OP
C

capnben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It says MB. Oddly if you take a pic, the 969 MB goes from Photo Library to Camera Roll. I think a restore will fix it but I don't wanna give in!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah well.

Before you try a full restore, give this a shot, if you haven't already. I don't think it likely to solve the problem, but it's a lot less trouble to go through than the restore.

-------------------
Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

Most reactions

Latest posts