What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Stolen

bhavana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there should be a way of tracking apple devices

well, I have registered mine as "stolen" with apple, reported to the police

I understand, if anyone uses a specific serial no. device, Apple should be able to track it - provided they want to
I believe they do not do so, under some privacy guidelines - but they should be able to do so if the police followed-up on the stolen devices

Apple could also add this as an additional feature in their devices - that the stolen devices cannot be misused.... it will certainly get them more customers!! :)

I am hoping that someone from Apple is listening!!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bhavana said:
well, I have registered mine as "stolen" with apple, reported to the police

I understand, if anyone uses a specific serial no. device, Apple should be able to track it - provided they want to
I believe they do not do so, under some privacy guidelines - but they should be able to do so if the police followed-up on the stolen devices

Apple could also add this as an additional feature in their devices - that the stolen devices cannot be misused.... it will certainly get them more customers!! :)

I am hoping that someone from Apple is listening!!

Maybe less customers, since there would be no more stolen Ipads.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
I have an iPad with Verizon 3G. When I lost it, I called Verizon and they immediately locked the iPad, preventing anyone from ever using Verizon service on that iPad,ever again, rendering the 3G on the iPad completely useless to anyone but myself. This is easy for Verizon because cell phones get stolen all the time and cell phone companies are used to having to lock out service.

Yes, it may be possible for Apple to take action, but doing so without a court order could expose the company to potential legal liability, not to mention the fact that there are ways to circumvent, involving jail breaking and spoofing methods, which discussing further would only serve to benefit would-be iPad thieves, so I don't think I'll be doing that here.

As far as my lost iPad goes, well, believe it or not, there are at least a few honest people on this planet, and apparently, they work at Walmart, because I learned that I absently mindedly left it on the electronics counter, where an employee found, and turned it in! OMG! and just when I almost lost all faith in human nature, along comes a Walmart employee to restore it.

So, before you give up completely, check and recheck every single lost and found department of everywhere you
went, and any place that someone who possesses a genuine conscience just might have happened upon it. I actually didn't remember even bringing my iPad into the store, and initially, thought it had been stolen from car.

Most reactions

Latest posts