IPad Stolen

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by dale600rr, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Ultrimate

Ultrimate
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Look, dude, I kidnapped your iPad, I followed you on your trip to South Africa, stalked you out at the airport and nabbed your iPad.. Don't take it personal, if you want your iPad back, send 300 bucks to my paypal account..

You have till midnight tonight, If the transaction isn't made by 11:59 pm tonight, I shoot your iPad..

If you wanna talk to your iPad to make sure he's still alive we can arrange something..

Also, I took a picture of your iPad with today's newspaper so you can see that the iPad is alive today.. MSG me and I will send you this pic.

Remember 11:59 pm

Lol

2. BrennB

BrennB
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    That's what I was thinking, it can't be physically tracked as in gps or what not but you can report the serial number as stolen. I'd hope before the the if activates it. I'm not sure if it would affect it if he's already set it up.... Maybe

3. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    When my touch got stolen,apple said s# would be of no use.airlines tend not to cover expensive items such as that.

4. dale600rr

dale600rr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks all for the replies, some made me feel a lot better - others, well made me laugh :) I'm not expecting to get the device back, I'm just hoping that it can be blacklisted so that it can't be used in future.

@windycitycouple: Any idea who to call? Do I call 1-800-MY-APPLE or is there another number I can call? I'm obviously outside of the US now so cannot get apple to call me back...

Thanks again!

5. Crackalaka

Crackalaka
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Apple will not do anything at all, they would have to set up a whole separate legal/tracking department just to deal with all the police and legal issues involved with recovery, just not gonna happen...The best thing you can do is report this to the police/airport police department and file a report with the info and serial numbers of the devices so if they are recovered as potential stolen you can recover them, Apple has the technology to track by serial numbers as they do with repairs and so forth, but the legal issues as to who stole what and proof of such far outweigh the return..That's why they instituted the mobile me app to help YOU in the recovery.

6. windycitycouple

windycitycouple
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Beg to disagree but when I call Apple Care they said they block stolen serial numbers.

They won't get it back for you, but they will lockdown a stolen product so it can't work with ITunes.

Not sure if the theif can still jailbreak and use it anyway though.

7. paulyeo11

paulyeo11
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I also had same experience 10 yr ago. When I return from philippine to Singapore. And from that time on I never put valuable items in my check in bag. And I am very sure is philippine air port stolen.

Paul

8. dale600rr

dale600rr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks all. I called Apple Care and was told by the consultant that they could not blacklist the device and that the only way to track it would be with mobile me.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Cheers
    Dale

9. wkramer

wkramer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank god it was your bosses IPad and not yours that was stolen.

10. TTown

TTown
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I can't help you with your stolen iPad. I am interested in hiring you though!