What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad still in Box!

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I purchased my iPad yesterday and I haven't opened the box!. I bought the wireless 16GB version, although I do not have a wireless set up at home - still using a modem. However, my ISP has sent me a wireless router, so I just need to get that set up and then I can open the box. Very scary -I am sure I will be on this form sooooooooo many times, as it has been years since I last used an Apple device.

Looking forward to all the help I am sure you kind people will offer.

Kind regards from Scotland.

Grinchy :eek:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Another Scottish member - we are taking over the World!!!!

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim for your welcome. Have now read the rules and also donwloaded the manual - that was an excellent help. I like to read everything I can in paper form first, so this is an absolute treasure and I am sure I will be reading it often!

Grinchy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't worry too if the iPad seems strange at first - it's different from a PC or Mac. Most people really love it straight away but some people find its limitations frustrating. It was never intended to replace the PC - as Steve Jobs said, "It's a third way". It's better - far better - at doing some things but it can't do everything and it was never intended that it would. Personally, I love the phenomenal battery life - as an avid laptop user I used always to be on the lookout for the powerpoints in Starbucks and malls. Now I don't care - the iPad battery easily lasts all day.

Have fun and let us know your thoughts and experiences.

Tim

thescarths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Don't worry too if the iPad seems strange at first - it's different from a PC or Mac. Most people really love it straight away but some people find its limitations frustrating. It was never intended to replace the PC - as Steve Jobs said, "It's a third way". It's better - far better - at doing some things but it can't do everything and it was never intended that it would. Personally, I love the phenomenal battery life - as an avid laptop user I used always to be on the lookout for the powerpoints in Starbucks and malls. Now I don't care - the iPad battery easily lasts all day.

Tim

You say the battery life lasts all day, is that with constant use? Or just here and there usage? And are there any battery saving hints and tips to prolong daily battery life?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

You say the battery life lasts all day, is that with constant use? Or just here and there usage? And are there any battery saving hints and tips to prolong daily battery life?

I get 10 hours continuous use - no problem. I have 3G on all day as well as WiFi. But it's not intense use - it's intermittent, even though the iPad is switched on all the time.

Tim

thescarths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okie dokie. I started on 100% at 8am this morning now at 10.21am it's 74% but that includes my morning fix of slots hd and army of darkness hd with browse the web and ipf app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okie dokie. I started on 100% at 8am this morning now at 10.21am it's 74% but that includes my morning fix of slots hd and army of darkness hd with browse the web and ipf app

That's about right. 100%=10hours is equivalent to 10%/hour. 0800-1021 is about 2.5hours=25%, so you should be down to about 75% and you are!!

All is OK...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts