What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad stand/holder

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find tabgears products great for around the house, but I have been using the bookseat when I am using my ipad in bed. :)

I use the similar Peeramid bookrest pillow for the same thing (at half the price), although for extended typing, I'd use a hard surface with the TwelveSouth Compass.

SBDTHRU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the iPad stands are over priced. Make your own at home, or check ebay, it's not worth spending too much money on.

applefanatik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iChair - www.goichair.com

checkout goichair.com, its a thin case with 2 stands to do portrait, landscape, and typing. it also has a microfiber interior so its really soft.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
goichair.com seems like a really nice solution. It has what I think the Otterbox Commuter lacks - the stand. The only thing I see as a weak spot is where the 2 halves come together. Hard to tell, however, without having one in my hands.

Alleygata

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking for something cheap that I can use reclined or to read in bed. Everything seemed like overkill or too big. I ended up getting [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nimbustote-Elastic-Wrangles-Excellent-Performance/dp/B004EPZH2S/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&m=A1ZVIWV63C4626&qid=1296863771&sr=1-3-fkmr1"]this[/ame] one but my hopes aren't too high.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bweasel iPad stand, Really good in bed! ------ Another shameless plug

The Bweasel iPad stand is a great bed companion for your iPad. It only weighs 3 oz., attaches to the iPad and is easy to support on your lap or pillow, or drape the kickstand over your bent knee and tap away till your heart's content. You can also lock the screen orientation, lie on your side and the Bweasel will support the iPad in either landscape or portrait position while you read a book.

When not in use you can easily place your iPad, with the Bweasel attached, on your night table and connect the charging cable for a good night recharge. On your night table, your Bweasel-supported-iPad can be a night-light/alarm clock and wake you to your favorite music or internet radio station. When you arise from the your bed, the iPad with Bweasel attached can be easily carried to another room and placed on your counter or coffee table, ready for easy grasping and use. When traveling and commuting, the Bweasel, attached to your iPad, can be comfortably stowed in a soft sleeve or tote. No other stand offers this many conveniences at such a reasonable cost. It is also proudly made in the USA.

Bweasel stands for iPad 1 are now shipping. The Bweasel for the iPad 2 is in development and the availability date is expected to be annunced next week.

vinho1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a great holder. Wedge-E

I just recently purchased the Wedge-E holder. I really like it...its super comfortable to chill on the couch or in bed with the iPad.

The best one I've seen so far and comes in like different colors.

The site is wedge-e.net

Vinho

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vinho1976 said:
I just recently purchased the Wedge-E holder. I really like it...its super comfortable to chill on the couch or in bed with the iPad.

The site is wedge-e.net

Vinho

I have the Wedge-E also and find it light and comfortable for use in my lounge chair. Maybe a bit overpriced but I'm enjoying mine.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

vinho1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vinho1976 said:

The site is wedge-e.net

Vinho

I have the Wedge-E also and find it light and comfortable for use in my lounge chair. Maybe a bit overpriced but I'm enjoying mine.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF[/QUOTE

I hear ya...would be nice if it was less but I really do like it.
I bought a epillow and thai pad and they were the same price if not more and I still prefer the wedge-e hands down!
-vinho

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vinho1976 said:

The site is wedge-e.net

Vinho

That looks nice. One thing I'm wondering about, it looks as though the lip at the bottom that holds the iPad in would make it harder to type using the wedge-e. I like to sit on the couch and chat on my iPad so it being in a comfortable typing position is important.

vinho1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vinho1976 said:

The site is wedge-e.net

Vinho

That looks nice. One thing I'm wondering about, it looks as though the lip at the bottom that holds the iPad in would make it harder to type using the wedge-e. I like to sit on the couch and chat on my iPad so it being in a comfortable typing position is important.

That was an initial concern for me too. But the angle it sits on is good and the screen is totally viewable and unblocked. The lip is just big enough to hold it and doesn't get in the way. The whole thing is smaller and lighter than looks on site. I think it's worth it considering everything else that's out there. Would be nice if it was a few bucks cheaper but I really find it useful and don't regret buying it.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Nadrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking for something cheap that I can use reclined or to read in bed. Everything seemed like overkill or too big. .....

In bed I simply put the Apple official iPad case in typing stand position and lay it on my angled lap. Thus hands-free reading possible. As one pointed out, Apple official case is the best IMHO.

bnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should look at Freedom by MountMe. It's a case/mount/stand all in one. I love mine! You can mount it to just about anything. The case detaches from the mount really easily and then you can just prop it to your liking for typing.

Most reactions

Latest posts