What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Spirit Jailbreak Released

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Unless you have a worthy stash of cash I would tay clear from any jail break still in beta much less so known safe jail breaks. The second you install these jailbreaks your warrantee is gone and Apple will not repair anything jail broke. I have heard many times, the said story where a jailbreak locked up indefinitaly and the poor soles were sole owners of a worthless iPod/iPhone.
There is a company out there that can recover most jailbreaks but they charge in the neighborhood of $100 + ..... If you want to take any risk with your precious iPad, go for it....

blake

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Unless you have a worthy stash of cash I would tay clear from any jail break still in beta much less so known safe jail breaks. The second you install these jailbreaks your warrantee is gone and Apple will not repair anything jail broke. I have heard many times, the said story where a jailbreak locked up indefinitaly and the poor soles were sole owners of a worthless iPod/iPhone.
There is a company out there that can recover most jailbreaks but they charge in the neighborhood of $100 + ..... If you want to take any risk with your precious iPad, go for it....

That's false. You can always restore and still get them replaced at an apple store. I've literally done it with 10 different iPhones.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. There were so many complaints from the customer and Apple realizes that there are going to be a lot of Jailbreakers regardless and so they just dealt with it and and supported jail broken iPod touch/iPhone. So it might goes the same way with the iPad.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have jailbreak my previous 3G , witch who i got some problems Apple exchange it without ask me something …. and you can always recover your Iphone/iPad as original state …. so no worry la

what i am waiting to see now is if we need carrier unlock for work in Asia … if no need i will not jailbreak mine , it kill the battery too fast ….

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's false. You can always restore and still get them replaced at an apple store. I've literally done it with 10 different iPhones.

Say what you want, but I know of one person having his new iPod denied an Apple warantee due to third party OS overwrite. It cost him a little over a $100 for repair at a non-Apple repair house. I,ve also read many sad stories on Cydia, in fact Cydia has warnings posted of such. If you feel so trustworthy of jailbreaks, would you honor a complete replacement of my iPad if I attempt a jailbreak and it goes south? ????

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Say what you want, but I know of one person having his new iPod denied an Apple warantee due to third party OS overwrite. It cost him a little over a $100 for repair at a non-Apple repair house. I,ve also read many sad stories on Cydia, in fact Cydia has warnings posted of such. If you feel so trustworthy of jailbreaks, would you honor a complete replacement of my iPad if I attempt a jailbreak and it goes south? ????

Hi CaptKirk, don’t jump on the roof like that, it’s like the Wii case i also know people be rejected from Nintendo but i also know why they go like a tourist in the shop saying he don’t work they don’t reset it and remain it as original ..

maybe the case you know is the same … i have say i exchange my 3G 9witch is jailbreak) and didn’t got any trouble … but of course i return in factory state … no app’s no jailbreak .. so they have nothing to say for refuse it … concerning the iPad if i really need i will do it and i don’t fear any warranty problem

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't there another area of this forum where this discussion should be taken?! I've always been irritated with the iPhone jailbreak freaks that infect a forum with their "my jailbroken iPhone can _______". Hopefully that isn't starting with iPad users here too. There are those of us who don't have the time or interest in hacking the iPad because we will be using the device as intended and really value input from others who will be using it as such. Sorry for being such an old fart (yes I've built several of my own PC's once upon a time) but please keep your jailbreak discussions in the "hacker" section of the forum where they belong.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't there another area of this forum where this discussion should be taken?! I've always been irritated with the iPhone jailbreak freaks that infect a forum with their "my jailbroken iPhone can _______". Hopefully that isn't starting with iPad users here too. There are those of us who don't have the time or interest in hacking the iPad because we will be using the device as intended and really value input from others who will be using it as such. Sorry for being such an old fart (yes I've built several of my own PC's once upon a time) but please keep your jailbreak discussions in the "hacker" section of the forum where they belong.

Hi CPMS, lucky us you are not a moderator :D , i agree with you maybe is not the right place but we are yet talking of what is possible or not and how it will work .. not about what a jailbreak can do more better than a normal one …

As i say i will not do it if i am not obligated (country question), for the same reason as you i will use it at what is made for..

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi CaptKirk, don’t jump on the roof like that, it’s like the Wii case i also know people be rejected from Nintendo but i also know why they go like a tourist in the shop saying he don’t work they don’t reset it and remain it as original ..

maybe the case you know is the same … i have say i exchange my 3G 9witch is jailbreak) and didn’t got any trouble … but of course i return in factory state … no app’s no jailbreak .. so they have nothing to say for refuse it …
concerning the iPad if i really need i will do it and i don’t fear any warranty
problem

Hey iPadOne.

I no jump on roof like you think. And I glad you store return your bad jail broken 3G. But I no understand when you say you put it back in factory state before you take back. If you put in factory state then no need to return .:confused: I think you lucky that store did not check you 3G well. Not everyone lucky like you. It just take one person to be not lucky, then that person be mad at you because you say o.k.... I think people be careful so they not mislead some poor kid from making bad mistake with their expensive iPad mommy or daddy just bought them.. If you want to jailbreak then u do on your own but not tell everyone it ok because it not ok and break agreement you have with Apple. I one person not happy with Apple over this, but I no person that change Steve Jobs mind. Good luck with you iPad. Me hope you have many good years to use...:p

Last edited:

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't get it.

Either you are knowledgable enough and know what you do with a jailbreak and an unlock, or you better leave your hands off a jailbreak.

I have imported US iPhones months before the European launch date and I have unlocked a lot of iPhones (2G, 3G, 3GS) using several tools, hardware hacks etc.

3.1.3 is a whole new ballgame and Apple has pretty much disabled the unlock for the iPhone, unless you are a nerd and really know, what you have to do before you do a firmware-update.

So if you don't have an idea, how the jailbreak works, or what to do when things might go wrong, then don't do it. If you only want to jailbreak, because it's "cool", then don't do it. If you are happy the way the iPhone/iPad is operating Apple has designed it, then don't do it!!!!!

And stop moaning about people who know what they do, and are not happy with the limits Apple puts on the devices.

From what I have seen so far from OS4.0 it will include a lot of functions which are currently availlable with a jailbreak.

What I really like about the jailbreak is the BossPrefs, which allow you to toggle basic settings without leaving the app you are currently in:

web.jpg

And the ability to use multitasking and folders, etc.

Thanks for reading.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't get it.

Either you are knowledgable enough and know what you do with a jailbreak and an unlock, or you better leave your hands off a jailbreak.

I have imported US iPhones months before the European launch date and I have unlocked a lot of iPhones (2G, 3G, 3GS) using several tools, hardware hacks etc.

3.1.3 is a whole new ballgame and Apple has pretty much disabled the unlock for the iPhone, unless you are a nerd and really know, what you have to do before you do a firmware-update.

So if you don't have an idea, how the jailbreak works, or what to do when things might go wrong, then don't do it. If you only want to jailbreak, because it's "cool", then don't do it. If you are happy the way the iPhone/iPad is operating Apple has designed it, then don't do it!!!!!

And stop moaning about people who know what they do, and are not happy with the limits Apple puts on the devices.

From what I have seen so far from OS4.0 it will include a lot of functions which are currently availlable with a jailbreak.

What I really like about the jailbreak is the BossPrefs, which allow you to toggle basic settings without leaving the app you are currently in:

web.jpg

And the ability to use multitasking and folders, etc.

Thanks for reading.

I installed bossprefs and it doesn't have any instructions on how to actually use it, how are you getting that panel?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed bossprefs and it doesn't have any instructions on how to actually use it, how are you getting that panel?

Wipe your finger on the top bar (between the WiFi logo and the time) from right to left. This brings up the panel. For the setting you press "more".

Most reactions

Latest posts