iPad Spirit Jailbreak Released

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Sonny Burnett, May 2, 2010.

1. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
  2. Takenover83

Takenover83
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  3. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Unless you have a worthy stash of cash I would tay clear from any jail break still in beta much less so known safe jail breaks. The second you install these jailbreaks your warrantee is gone and Apple will not repair anything jail broke. I have heard many times, the said story where a jailbreak locked up indefinitaly and the poor soles were sole owners of a worthless iPod/iPhone.
    There is a company out there that can recover most jailbreaks but they charge in the neighborhood of $100 + ..... If you want to take any risk with your precious iPad, go for it....

4. blake

blake
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That's false. You can always restore and still get them replaced at an apple store. I've literally done it with 10 different iPhones.

5. dabears

dabears
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree. There were so many complaints from the customer and Apple realizes that there are going to be a lot of Jailbreakers regardless and so they just dealt with it and and supported jail broken iPod touch/iPhone. So it might goes the same way with the iPad.

6. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    i have jailbreak my previous 3G , witch who i got some problems Apple exchange it without ask me something …. and you can always recover your Iphone/iPad as original state …. so no worry la

what i am waiting to see now is if we need carrier unlock for work in Asia … if no need i will not jailbreak mine , it kill the battery too fast ….

7. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Say what you want, but I know of one person having his new iPod denied an Apple warantee due to third party OS overwrite. It cost him a little over a $100 for repair at a non-Apple repair house. I,ve also read many sad stories on Cydia, in fact Cydia has warnings posted of such. If you feel so trustworthy of jailbreaks, would you honor a complete replacement of my iPad if I attempt a jailbreak and it goes south? ????

8. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Hi CaptKirk, don’t jump on the roof like that, it’s like the Wii case i also know people be rejected from Nintendo but i also know why they go like a tourist in the shop saying he don’t work they don’t reset it and remain it as original ..

maybe the case you know is the same … i have say i exchange my 3G 9witch is jailbreak) and didn’t got any trouble … but of course i return in factory state … no app’s no jailbreak .. so they have nothing to say for refuse it … concerning the iPad if i really need i will do it and i don’t fear any warranty problem

9. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    It literally took 6 seconds

10. CPMS

CPMS
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Isn't there another area of this forum where this discussion should be taken?! I've always been irritated with the iPhone jailbreak freaks that infect a forum with their "my jailbroken iPhone can _______". Hopefully that isn't starting with iPad users here too. There are those of us who don't have the time or interest in hacking the iPad because we will be using the device as intended and really value input from others who will be using it as such. Sorry for being such an old fart (yes I've built several of my own PC's once upon a time) but please keep your jailbreak discussions in the "hacker" section of the forum where they belong.