What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Spam - MacKeeperApp and Sexpartnerx

Nathanael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on this, or anything through Google. I can't be the only one with this problem.

A couple of weeks ago, I started getting a pop-up on my iPad 2 for something called mackeeperapp2. It appears whenever I reboot the iPad. The full message reads: "http;//mackeeperapp2,zeobit,com Please consider cleaning your Mac from junk." with Cancel and OK.

Now I'm getting two pop-ups -- mackeeperapp2 and a second one for sexpartnerx. It reads: "http;//www,sexpartnerx,com ********************" followed by a message in Chinese. It has only an OK button. When I touch OK the message disappears and reappears a second time.

Anyone know how to get them off my iPad?

--Nathanael

OP
N

Nathanael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Richard.

That was actually a different issue, the appearance a few months ago of fullscreen iAd banners. The solution was indeed to delete the app (and let the developer know why).

This issue is different. Since I can now attach images, here are screenshots of the messages. Note that although these shots show apps running, I've even gotten the messages at the lock screen after rebooting the iPad. And in any case, the app on the right is a paid app which doesn't show ads. Note also that the URLs in both messages are invalid.

spam.jpg

My iPad is jailbroken, so it's certainly possible someone has discovered an exploit there.

--Nathanael

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you are jailbroken I have taken the liberty of moving your post into the hacking section where hopefully you will get the help that you need.

Good luck.

The Archangel

Most reactions