What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad sound is garbled

frenchjl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sound from my son's iPad is garbled. This started a couple of days ago while he was listening through ear buds. We checked different sets of ear buds with the same result. The sound from the onboard speaker is also garbled. Any suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) Please question your son regarding any recent 'damage' to the iPad (e.g. dropped)? Just want to make sure that before posters offer suggestions that the problem is not 'injured' hardware.

But as starters, try to 'Reset' the device (directions below if not familiar w/ the maneuver) - let us know if this helps and please provide an answer to my first question - good luck! Dave

Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
F

frenchjl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We will try to reset the device. We were on an airplane when it occurred. So, no drop at the time the sound changed. I'll ask about a previous drop.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How old is your iPad? I am just wondering if the faster than normal change in pressure that occurs during ascent may have affected your iPad and if it is still under warranty (or possibly you have Apple Care).

Most reactions