1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad sound is garbled

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by frenchjl, Oct 9, 2013.

1. frenchjl

frenchjl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The sound from my son's iPad is garbled. This started a couple of days ago while he was listening through ear buds. We checked different sets of ear buds with the same result. The sound from the onboard speaker is also garbled. Any suggestions?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Hello & welcome to the forum! :) Please question your son regarding any recent 'damage' to the iPad (e.g. dropped)? Just want to make sure that before posters offer suggestions that the problem is not 'injured' hardware.

But as starters, try to 'Reset' the device (directions below if not familiar w/ the maneuver) - let us know if this helps and please provide an answer to my first question - good luck! Dave

3. frenchjl

frenchjl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will try to reset the device. We were on an airplane when it occurred. So, no drop at the time the sound changed. I'll ask about a previous drop.
  4. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +437 / 0
    How old is your iPad? I am just wondering if the faster than normal change in pressure that occurs during ascent may have affected your iPad and if it is still under warranty (or possibly you have Apple Care).