What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad shut down

francescapippi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned my ipad off the other day and when I turned it back on the apple came out but that's it. It had about 37 percent of battery so I thought that maybe it had gone down in the meantime and needs to be charged. I plugged it and now the apple still comes out but it makes the classic apple sound of when you plug it, repeated every 10 seconds but nothing comes on anyways. Can somebody help me?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I turned my ipad off the other day and when I turned it back on the apple came out but that's it. It had about 37 percent of battery so I thought that maybe it had gone down in the meantime and needs to be charged. I plugged it and now the apple still comes out but it makes the classic apple sound of when you plug it, repeated every 10 seconds but nothing comes on anyways. Can somebody help me?

Hi there and welcome to iPF!

Try to place your iPad to recovery mode and restore it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Try resetting your iPad before restoring it as suggested by JA. I would also put it on charge for a time to make sure it isn't because of a depleted battery. When a battery is empty it will need charging for a time before it does turn on, it's not a case of plugging it in and it will work straight away.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in until you see the Apple logo appear. This may take about 30 seconds, so be patient.

Your iPad should then restart. If not then by all means try a restore.

Let us know how you go.

Most reactions

Latest posts